Official Resignation from Developer Status

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Thank you for the proper explaination and service.

I must apologise myself for how I was acting, as I was borderline harassing you a few days ago regarding being rude. I didn't realise how frustrated you must have been.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

@videogamesm12#1474 My aim wasn't to piss you off with that thread, but I get why you feel that. I don't exactly remember what I was thinking at the time (it was like 6 AM and I hadn't slept) but I do know I created the thread out of frustration mainly because I didn't know why Plex wasn't open source and requests to know why were denied.

As I already stated, that was none of your business. In the first place it was actually just because it was a fetus of a repository and didn't really have much. It was also because I firmly believe in keeping the people who criticize everything away from the people who are actually doing the work. This eventually changed as the idea of me resigning was becoming a reality. I wasn't going to open source it to set high expectations and then feel pressured when I resigned. Now that I have I don't really care saying that, but at the same time that was still none of your business. And by the way, 6 AM your time is 7 AM my time. If you go in my shoes you'll see how frustrating it is to get messages from you complaining about TFM and Plex as soon as I've woken up.

@videogamesm12#1474 The thread about how much TFM is bloated was going to be created as a way to highlight the bloat issue to the developers because I didn't think anyone really cared. This was mainly because nobody was being transparent about anything development related and hadn't been since the 2020 Ownership Crisis. I figured if I publicized the issue, it would hold the developers' feet to the fire and the issue would become a larger priority.

What I don't like here is how you're making it seem like the developers are a team and that's not true. I'm the only one who was a developer and, frankly, I had already told you all of this stuff. I told you TFM sucked and that was the point, I told you I would get rid of bloat, and I told you customizable messages and punishment history had already been tried to be implemented. I had already told you about this and then you go out to make a thread despite that you already knew this information. The reason there was no transparency was because 1. I didn't have access to the server and 2. nothing has been touched by me since Seth left. In terms of development, nothing was on the server and everything is open sourced so you could've seen the preparations anyways.

I'm sorry to sound rude but your post can be summed up in one word: entitlement.

• From a psychological standpoint, we can see the exact moments of Teles's breakdowns and eventual decision to resign. The "Switch to a panel" thread is really a psychological goldmine - anyone studying it should read it. We can see where constant dismissal and lack of regard towards a subject drove him to leave. While teles could have handled the situation better, this server usually runs on a democratic stance (I.e the more votes something gets, that gets passed) - and the panel option did in fact have more supporters.

Thanks for everything you’ve done - you were actually competent at your job and released updates and resolutions extremely quickly. I highly doubt we will find a developer as good as you. I know you’ve been involved with TFM for a long time. Good luck bro - hopefully you find somewhere you’re appreciated as you should have been here.

• I appreciate we've not agreed on a great deal in the week ish that I've been the owner of the server, but I do also greatly appreciate the work you have done up to now in maintaining the servers development and keeping things working as they should be.

I wish you every success with what you should chose to tackle as your next project, and genuinely wish you the very best.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK