Operator Site for the server.

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Users like me are banned from the TF Discord so i suggest we have a Operator thing to view the #server-chat channel (not talk in it, just view) and verify on the site with a forum account. Thanks. Just would be a nice quality of life thing.

• @wild1145#1110 i think this is for players who are under 13 and cannot access discord and therefore cannot use the verify system. He's suggesting a feature that lets players verify using the forums (much like how back in proboards we have a shoutbox to verify).

• I hope we can chat with our forum account onto the server, because that'd be pretty nice. It could be shown on the discord via a Webhook which grabs your forum pfp and name so that discord users can also read it. I just want a way to chat in the server on my phone.

• My view is if all you want to do is chat from your phone then there are plenty of better apps out there you can install that already do it, and to build our own bespoke solution feels absolutely mad...

We also probably couldn't hook anything straight into Discord, as their T&C's would need to be applied still at the endpoint connecting (which would mean you still couldn't use it if you're under 13).

Unless there is a really good reason we'd want to do this, it just screams a bad idea from a design / architecture / security perspective when there are other companies out there that have done it already and would probably be able to do it better given they've got time and money to throw at it.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I'm going to decline this suggestion. I stand by my previous point that there are a lot of better options out there rather than us trying to do something...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK