Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I'm bumping this so it's not forgotten.

I'm still in a few minds around where this would fit in to the network going forward, one activity that I'm hoping we can start in the next month or so is splitting the current Freedom-01 worlds (AdminWorld, Plot World, MB World anyway) into their own servers rather than just worlds on the FreeOP Servers.

I'm 50/50 on if this makes sense to live as part of the "FreeOP" Gamemode or if we'd want this as it's own "Creative" Server.

Agree we should do it, people clearly think it'll be useful, just need to work through where it'll live.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#17036 I have a question about that above

are we going to be able to copy and paste stuff from plotworld to the overworld or end

i store 90% of my builds in the plot world and it would really suck to not be able to get them anymore

also the void world if added would just work best in freedom-01 where pretty much everyone plays

i agree with the mbworld and admin world part it makes sense to have their own separate servers

• I was thinking the same, at the moment you can't share the clipboard across the servers, I was about to make a post about the plotworld v/s plot server thing for this reason

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• @UnderTails#17081 So the plan will be that schematics will be linked up across the servers, but //copy //paste wouldn't work as they'd be two totally separate instances of Minecraft. Exactly how all of it will work in detail is being worked through in slow time, but it's pretty important from my perspective to be able to do these splits, as I suspect in reality it'll let us un-block more things in those specific servers because of the different limitations in place (Ie more plot perms because you won't actually be OP in the plot world, we can basically set it up to be as permissive as possible to make the build experience better).

Freedom-01 is a major problem for me at the moment because we don't wipe anything, so splitting servers out is pretty important to ensure we can actually continue to scale, not to mention it'll end up meaning we can tune servers better than what we have today. That's why I'm not sure if a void world makes sense, given the current worlds already on FreeOP.

Other thought, what's the reason for not using the end for this sort of stuff, is that not supposed to be mostly empty?

Wild1145

• @wild1145#17084 I’ve been building in the end for 8 months, and the end works well for most things you want above the void, but it takes a long long time to clear out enough room and terrain islands for it

also it is always night in the end, which could be and upside or downside depending on your opinion, but I would love to see some sky island builds in the day time, stuff like the aether.

also as long as schems are always up to date the //copy issue shouldn’t be a problem :)

• can we just literally separate the worlds per server? because people want and want more worlds and it's like how many more worlds can TF handle

• @UnderTails#18302 There unfortunately will be limited choice... Freedom-01 is now so big it's causing outages to SN's backup system, as is the database server because of the CoreProtect. It's just not sustainable to keep the server growing in the way it currently is.

And FWIW, a lot of the things you mention there are being addressed as part of the work I've got planned to move the plot world out of the current Freedom-01 server, and will be tried on a different gamemode I've had in mind for a while, I'm expecting by the time we come to do this for Freedom-01 it should be fairly streamlined.

Wild1145

• @UnderTails#18302 I've been told cross-server chat is a thing and easily implemented while shared schematics list is already on plan.

The only thing is you can't share clipboard across multiple server instances, either you use a mod (somebody've said Schematica but I see it's outdated) or the schematics system must be flexible enough not to become messy because of people using it as a clipboard surrogate.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• So I'm not happy to add this as an extra world to the current Freedom-01 server, I don't think that's a sensible or going to scale properly, and we will just end up splitting the world out eventually anyway.

I'm going to raise FS-283 to track this, so as we start to progress we can make sure this is picked up. I suspect we will end up going back for some more feedback as to exactly how this would work but for now I'll mark this as approved and we will pick it up another day.

Wild1145