Fix /invsee

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Apparently, you cannot use /invsee to copy/take items from the inventory, but you can use that same command to steal armor and shields/totems? Pff, this makes no sense.
    I tried using /invsee to take something from someone else's inventory before, and it didn't work. But for some reason, I am allowed to use /invsee armor & /invsee offhand to copy items from the target, Krxzix demonstrated it to me in Labs, where he copied my armor and shield.
    I would personally hate it if someone stole all my gear while I was PvPing with that same person, and I would hate it even more if someone took all my armor and totems and I couldn't find the culprit.
    Fix this, please.

• So is your suggestion fix invsee to let anyone copy anything or to block all of the sub commands from letting anyone copy anything? I think it's the latter your asking for but just want to understand...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• It's your choice, but I don't want someone copying everything.
    I recently heard Aronix left Labs, leaving us with a "Sorry" letter, which I do not want people getting their hands on.

Of course, you can just let this thread die. To me, the sub-commands aren't as well-known or as commonly used as the base command itself.

• @StevenNL2000#6826 "you can use a hacked client to do it"
    I don't remember being able to do it with a hacked client, but that's probably because I was on a public server at that time.

• @r00t#7056 not everyone uses a hacked client, but otherwise yes, i do believe there is a bug in essentials that allows people to take stuff from the armor and offhand slots when they shouldn't be able to, but that may have been something that was fixed idk, i just remember that being an old bug. however, in our usecase, nothing needs to be fixed

• I object. I think we should leave it broken.

In all seriousness it should be blocked for everything because it allows other players to take things or rearrange your inventory. You can already copy things by using pick block. Invsee doesn't prevent copying, only taking or putting stuff in other people's inventory. Obviously admins should be allowed to but that's how it is right now. Just not for invsee or offhand

• I'm not convinced there is a bug to fix here based on the conversation that's been had so going to close it as no further action to take, happy to re-visit if this is more of a suggestion than a bug in the future.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK