Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Hello,

The Plexus development team is thrilled to release v1.0 of Plex. Firstly, I'd like to extend a huge thank you to @"taah"#106, @"Fleek"#188, and @"ayunami2000"#268 for their help with this beta. This is by far the biggest beta we've released and it could not have been done without their help.

What is Plex

Plex is a new freedom plugin. It is an alternative to TotalFreedomMod. It has many of the features that make a freedom server unique, but also many features that TotalFreedomMod doesn’t have. For example, there is full support for using a permissions plugin instead of ranks. It is also much more performance oriented. You can use Redis to store indefinite bans and store player data in MongoDB, MariaDB, or SQLite. Plex is also fully customizable as you can change almost all of the messages within the plugin. Plex is not a rewrite, "debloat", or related to TotalFreedomMod. Plex is an entirely new experience.

Changelog

• Update dependencies
    • Added build properties
    • Significantly simplified and automated how releases are published to Nexus
    • Punishments are now in SQL only. This was done due to poor performance if you were not using Redis. (done by @"taah"#106)
    • Added staff notes
    • Added a basic check to prevent non-admins from entering the admin world
    • Added a comprehensive command blocking system (done by @"ayunami2000"#268 and @"taah"#106)
    • Removed PunishedPlayer, it's now part of PlexPlayer (done by @"taah"#106)
    • Ban checking is now async (done by @"taah"#106)
    • Added a blockedit command
    • Added global gamerules
    • Added an entitywipe command (done by @"ayunami2000"#268)
    • Added a mobpurge command (done by @"ayunami2000"#268)
    • The database will now add new IPs and change your username
    • Fixed a bug where tag wouldn't update your tag
    • Added a configuration system for modules (done by @"taah"#106)
    • Fixed reflections (done by @"Fleek"#188)
    • Null check for setting tab colors (done by @"taah"#106)
    • Revamped the updater system
    • Added logging for Components
    • Switched messages from the variable to numbered (i.e. {0}, {1}) (done by @"taah"#106)

Documentation

All the documentation has been updated for 1.0 A page has been written for all the completed modules. I've also written a page with every permission for Plex and every module: https://plex.us.org/docs/permissions/
    This should make it a lot easier for a server owner to find exactly what they need if they're using permissions.

Breaking changes

Everything. Don't even try upgrading from an older version of Plex.

Modules

We have made lots of use of the module system. We have multiple new modules:

• Module-BukkitTelnet
    • Module-HTTPD
    • Module-TFMExtras
    • Module-Guilds

Module-BukkitTelnet

The BukkitTelnet module is quite simple. It allows anyone who is an admin or above to automatically connect to telnet. Alternatively, anyone who has the "plex.telnet.autoconnect" permission will auto connect.

Module-HTTPD

This one you can see for yourself. Right now, we have a few endpoints: admins, indefbans, and punishments. They are below:

Module-Guilds

This module is coming soon, however we plan for it to be a suitable replacement for TFGuilds

Module-TFMExtras

This module pretty much makes Plex act like TFM. It adds the rest of the commands from TFM that aren't in Plex-Core. Steven has requested this and it's the only viable way there can be a smooth transition from TFM to Plex. Plex-Core has plenty of commands, however this module adds the niche commands so "that one person" doesn't complain about there not being jumppads.

Legal notice

I'd like to remind everyone that Plex (and Blackout, and all of the Plex modules) are released under GPLv3. This means that "we" (Plexus Development Group) hold the copyright to all these projects. Obviously, you are allowed to freely fork, change, and use our work. We legally cannot stop you from doing so, however please remember that the license does apply. You may not remove our attributions from Plex or claim the project is your own. To clarify any confusion, Plex (or any other projects) are NOT official TotalFreedom projects and should not be treated as such. Thank you for understanding.

Website / documentation: https://plex.us.org
    Discord: https://discord.gg/HZsdUnsRKc
    CI Server: https://ci.plex.us.org

Telesphoreo it features almost no code from TotalFreedomMod

Only just spotted this.

If it contains any code from tfm it puts it under the total freedom license iirc. What code exactly have you got that is from tfm?

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @'Ryan' I've already clarified this over discord but I'll post it here for everyone else. This blob of text was written way before beta 1. At that point we were using TFMs game rule service. Obviously that's no longer the case because it's a completely customizable system. So at this point that statement is invalid

Telesphoreo so “that one person” doesn’t complain about there not being jumppads.

This would be me....

Anyways I'm super stoked that this all has gone so we'll, when I first heard you were gonna try to make this i was like "yeah right, sure you are" but y'all actually did this and for that you deserved some serious props. Great job

• Plex v1.0.1 is now available with bug fixes and various improvements.

Changelog

Download: https://github.com/plexusorg/Plex…/1.0.1/Plex.jar

Module-HTTPD v1.0.1 has been released.

Changelog

• Add a UI for the punishment page
    • Allows retrieving punishments by username now as well
  • Plex v1.0.2 is now available with bug fixes and various improvements.

• Add contributing requirements
    • Add version back to JAR since Paper now supports that for updating
    • Significantly reorganize things (@"taah"#106)
    • Rename ConsoleSayCommand to ConsoleSayCMD
    • Switch LocalDateTime to ZonedDateTime (@"taah"#106)
    • Fix an issue where the notes message would show multiple times
    • Rewrite the ModuleConfig to fix a long standing issue with loading files
    • Added AntiSpam and AntiNuker
    • Fix bans not always working
    • Block WorldEdit in the masterbuilderworld
    • Added TEMPBAN to PunishmentType (@"taah"#106)
    • Fix SQLite (@"taah"#106)
    • Added better defaults to commands.yml

Download: https://github.com/plexusorg/Plex…/Plex-1.0.2.jar

Module-HTTPD v1.0.2 has been released

• Add a frontend UI to the HTTPD
    • Allows uploading and downloading schematics ( ayunami2000)