Infected Event - 9PM GMT

• Hello everyone!

Charge and I have been at work recently in an effort to get some more events out. With the help of @"square"#82’s plugin ‘Upsilon’ we now can host an ‘Infected’ gamemode event.

How does it work?

Once you enter events-02, you can start building with the resources given to you. The resources will be given at random, so be careful as to what you use!

You should build a base with thicker walls than usual. You can also team up, but be careful as your teammate could be the one infected!

Everyone is given 10 minutes to build (subject to change) and then after this someone will be infected at random. This name will turn green in tab.

The last one to survive wins!

Rules

• Hacks are not allowed.

Event Details

The event will take place on events-02, a brand new events server, at 9PM GMT. You can join with /events-02.

We hope to see you there!

If you are currently banned from the events server, please DM me with a short paragraph detailing your ban reasoning and why you should be unbanned.

! Note: This event was originally meant to be announced by Charge but he is currently on inactivity leave. I have his permission to announce it, though.

• Thanks to everyone who came! I know things weren't perfect but I hope all that came enjoyed it!

Stick around - we've got more fun ideas coming, as we have a whole server at our hands. Suggest any in this thread, in new threads, or DM me too!

• @'court'

I already understand all of the faults from today’s event. However, our gap in events recently needed to be filled and I’m sorry we could not perform as good as we usually do.

I would like to address something else though, the original plan for this event was to be MiniSMP based, to which we would have usually asked the MB team to build for. However, our team was instructed not to give the MB team any tasks as they had a long to-do list already. Furthermore, we built up from square’s original running of the event, which was a simple setup. We just had crackshot as an extra plugin.

For future events, I will ensure that thorough testing and review takes place beforehand.

@'court' you all can have gmc for 10 secs and get what you want

Genuinely why was this ever considered to be an option?

@'court' Not just that, but players who lagged during the 10 seconds or logged out before the 10 seconds would complain, and in response the event host gave some players more opportunity than others with gmc, and.. you get the idea

This makes it even worse.. let's just hope shit will be sorted the next time this becomes a thing.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

erin Genuinely why was this ever considered to be an option?

It was a ‘test’ really, the event was coming to a close and I wanted to try out something different, something that may or may not work. I just wanted to see what would happen if people could take what they want and use what they want to survive, instead of having a strictly set kit.

• it was a shame i forgot to join the server, appreciate the kind words about the plugin

yeah the heartbeat itself i designed to be more vague than the zombies' because it supposed to be zombies hunting humans - not the other way around - and therefore it only acts as a warning.

the zombies get specific detail on where humans are because in the hosted events i made with irl friends people could just camp a corner and zombies would not know where they are.

it kind of caught me off guard especially how the event was being hosted on the same day, i made this plugin a while ago without the testing capabilities of a large playerbase which is why i wanted to host a quick event and then plan a larger one with balancing in mind but since it was delayed 30 times i just stopped working on it

shout out to the events team for bringing it back though, i appreciate my work being used in some sort of way, wxtermelon and cynacx were very supportive

• I'm glad the first round(s) went better than expected. We could have tested more before throwing a real game to find its weak spot earlier.

Comments like @court 's make me think there's some confusion about the goal. This wasn't designed as a team game, teaming up with your fellow sane / infected players was optional. It was simply a matter of outlasting the others.

My personal feedback (note that I've never played this before):

• A waiting area for new players may be needed. New players simply joined and skipped the first stage with the base / hideout creation before the first infected player started roaming.
    • Custom items like vaccines and cures are uncraftable and the game master / god has to give a random player those or drop them at random places. If there isn't an easy way to let players create them, I'd avoid passing the items directly and give unfair treatment.
    • Vanilla combat looks pointless in a game where being the last without being infected is the goal, not the survival itself. However, we could make it so that dying makes you lose regardless of infection. Players would have to plan their attacks instead of just messing around.
    • This one's for square , I think zombie's cooldown should be shown as a bossbar, instead of chat messages.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager