Discord Ban Appeal

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I hope this appeal is taken into proper and due consideration and not simply dismissed under an assumption.

1. Your discord tag. (Ex: elmon#6023) Mr Satoru#7554

2. If known, who banned you? (this can be checked) I believe it was Luke

3. If known, do you know what time you were approximately banned? 7:00am

4. Why do you think you were banned? (this can also be checked) I was banned for apparently being an alternative account of a suspected banned user, named "Akefu" or something like that. However, I have no connection with this Akefu individual in any such way, nor am I the person themselves. I broke no rules on the actual discord server extreme enough to get banned. I admit I was trolling and making comments to get funny reactions, but there are mute sanctions and timeouts for a reason. I believe a ban was rash especially if the moderator did it on their own gut feeling rather than actual hard proof.

5. Explain why you think you should be unbanned, and promise to never do whatever you did again. If your reason remains unknown, you may skip this question. I believe I should be unbanned because a ban was a rash and over the top punishment in the first place. On a server named totalfreedom, staff members should be more willing to give benefit of doubt instead of acting paranoid and overactive. The actions I committed on the server were no more than worth a short mute.

I did have a brief conversation with "Corona" who confirmed that he knew I was not Akefu.

•   Luke Kindly, have you genuine evidence in favour of the ban? Before banning me you did say yourself you knew you shouldn't be doing this. I should not be permanently excluded from the discord server based on stubborn prejudice.

I would like an actual explanation at the very least.

• I'm going to step in here and "Veto" the appeal in Luke's favour, frankly he's been around the block more than a few times and I trust his judgement on this, that combined with the various other reports and flags that this thread and your Discord account had, at this point if you're not the individual in question, I don't think there is anything you could reasonably do to convince people here of that, and as such the ability for you to "Fit in" to the community is going to be pretty limited.

If you are indeed not the individual accused, then I offer you my apologies, and you're most welcome to appeal in the future (Minimum of 60 days from now), however I find it difficult to support this appeal, especially given the current climate and context.

Appeal is denied, forum account is banned.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK