Development Update: Jan 26, 2022

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • A quick recap of the current course of development for 2022:

On Feb 22nd, 2022, the servers will all be updated to 1.18.2

Upon the 1.18 TF Release, expedited issues will be completed in preparation for MC 1.19, following any other issues selected for development. Afterwards, minor bug fixes will be implemented as well as community suggestions incorporated into TFM/Freedom-01. Once we reach the point where we begin to incorporate community suggestions, the suggestions for freedom-01 will be temporarily closed until we release the 1.19 version. We will be migrating things such as the discord module, the ranking and punishment systems, and the command blocking system, out of TFM in favor of plugins better suited for those tasks such as NetworkManager and DiscordSRV. Custom plugin builds will be (mostly) replaced by their standard counterparts.

TFM will be released as a LTS version upon 1.19's release, and will be backburnered until future notice.

During the final stretch of time between bugfixing and 1.19 LTS (dubbed Codename Caladrius) brainstorming and preemptive development work will begin on a new gamemode which will incorporate the freedom aspects into that gamemode. This is still a seedling of an idea and may not actually come to fruition, or comes out in a different way than we anticipate (such as making it a monthly event server that runs for a week), but for right now this is not a solid proof of concept and only a thought that may not even become a reality. It's all dependent on how things go during and after the 1.19 release.

I hope this gives people some clarity and understanding on the course of development for the coming year. If there are any questions feel free to DM me or comment them.

I would also appreciate any community input in regards to aforementioned new gamemode / event server.

•   Deauthorized that's currently up in the air. It is most likely the case, but in that situation there will most likely be an option to download an archived version after the wipe would be done so you can still have your work.

It is doubtful that schematics will be erased, so I suggest you start saving schematics and writing down the names somewhere so you don't forget them.

• While normally I wouldn't support the idea of wiping worlds, the world sizes are putting such a huge dent in the server's stability that I genuinely believe that we are better off starting fresh when it comes to places like the Flatlands. However, we should definitely give people a notice in advance about the wipe so that people can save their builds with WorldEdit.

image.png