Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • On this date 3 years ago, TotalFreedom officially entered an ownership crisis for the first time. At approximately 6:22 PM UTC, the server was abruptly shut down by OVH after the owner at the time, Windows, failed to pay the bills for it. Windows had been missing since December 2018, and the abrupt shutdown led some to assume that Windows had abandoned the server. We didn't have an ownership policy at the time, so we didn't have a formal way of handling a crisis like this yet. However, this would soon change in the months that followed.

The community began working on not only restoring server functionality (using a combination of a backup Seth had taken in late 2018 and schematics I had scraped on January 12th), but also ensuring that a similar situation would never happen again with what would become the ownership policy (led by veteran figures like mibbzz, Hockey, Wilee, and more).

Without the Ownership Policy and the folks behind it, we probably wouldn't be here today.

image.png

Windows had been missing since December 2018, and the abrupt shutdown led some to assume that Windows had abandoned the server.

I mean Windows did basically vanish without warning and with the subsequent lapse of payment further exemplified it so that assumption of him 'abandoning' TF isn't all that far-fetched.
    We should be thankful that the Ownership Policy allowed TF to continue to the present day.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png