Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I object.

I'd like to give you a bit of advice regarding your suggestion posting... the advice I'm about to give you was given to me last year when I used to post many suggestions a day, quite impulsively too. It sounds like you're very excited and passionate about a lot of your ideas, but you really need to think about if we actually need the things you suggest.

One tactic that I used a few times, which was recommended to me, was to write my suggestion up in a word document. I would then save it to my desktop and then come back to it a while later to see if it was worth posting. If it was, I went ahead with it. If not, then I deleted the document. This method lead some of my suggestions to actually go through.

Nowadays, I talk with others before posting suggestions. An example I can give you is from a few days ago. I had an idea and pitched it to people in game. Their thoughts about the suggestion helped me make a decision on whether I posted it on the forum or not - I didn't end up posting it. Discussing suggestions with people in-game is valuable as you can hear others' thoughts on the idea. It also means more ideas sprout of your original suggestion, which may be better ideas too. As well as this, I often talk to people before making some of my other threads, such as discussion threads.

Another important note, I really recommend you to read my suggestion posting guide which can be found here. The format in the guide can show you how to get your idea out properly, so everyone understands.

I really recommend you to try out what I've said. Please don't let yourself get forum banned because of your suggestions.

• So I'll give some general feedback here, because a lot of people have been quite "To the point" and I only partially agree with their position.

Suggestions are always welcome, and they can be technically difficult / complex, that's really not an issue.

In the case of this suggestion, the issue for me is the lack of detail.

With these the questions I need answers to are things like how are they custom, how do they work, what does that look like and what is the appeal.

While I have no intention of trying to launch something like artnos / mine hut, because frankly they have far more money to throw down the drain than I do, the creation of new community game-modes is something we're looking at, and a suggestion like this if it had the detail of what mini games, how they work, what sort of SMP are you thinking, what makes it a bit special etc etc we might then be able to go "Well the original suggestion isn't something we want to do, but game mode X actually would be cool, we'll do some more investigation to see if that's viable".

I don't want to discourage you or anyone else making suggestions, I just would ask there be some more detail in what you want. Your idea of an SMP and my idea of an SMP will likely be very different for example, and that could be the difference between community support and no support...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• On the grounds I still don't understand the suggestion, and it's either one huge suggestion or a lot of suggestions on a single thread, I'm going to deny this. Feel free to re-suggest and properly explain the idea you're trying to achieve, breaking it down to one suggestion per thread.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK