Official TotalFreedom Music! | TotalFreedom: Chaos EP

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • That's right!, I promised I'd be making some music for the 11th anniversary so here it is

and in classic fashion its late because of inconsistencies with how long and complicated the music distribution process is (yay), I've been working on this for the past 5 months so I do hope you enjoy.
    Please note that the song order for the video was adjusted for your viewing pleasure and is not how it is in the actual EP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD-Tof9or9g

Additionally you can listen to it on any of these platforms
    Apple music » https://music.apple.com/us/album/total…s-ep/1594944689
    Spotify » Link so that it doesn't embed
    Deezer » https://deezer.page.link/wJWS5iycb43BY2pY8
    Amazon Music » https://music.amazon.com/albums/B09LP8G78P
    Tidal » https://tidal.com/browse/album/204832527
    YouTube Music » Link so that it doesn't embed

Notes from the creator

Overarching Sentimental Stuff

! Man it is just crazy to me how much one person can improve over just a single year, if you didn't know, exactly 1 year and 4 days ago I published my first official piece of music, the TotalFreedom 10th Anniversary Album, which can still be found on this forum. What's even crazier is that I had only gotten into doing all of that because at the time the ECD, Lykhant, was hosting an Art Comp for the 10th anniversary, and I decided I wanted to participate, but with me being me, who can't draw or anything like that, I asked if I could do something music related instead. And to this day I am so glad I made that decision, as its one of the few times I feel like TotalFreedom and its community really, truly, impacted me. Were in not for all of this I would have never discovered how much fun I have had making music and would have never learned as much as I have this past year. And for all those wondering why I even decided to become ECD myself, it was to help share this type of interaction with others, and while I may have overestimated the amount of time that I could spend doing ECD work, I still stand by this as being my main goal as ECD. TotalFreedom really means a lot to me, so I hope that all of you can find your own bit of happiness in this community as well.

Individual Song Stuff

! To start off with, the first song I had written for this album was actually the 3rd song in it, Beauty in the Midst of Chaos, with my first export of one of the parts of the song being dated on July 23rd, Interestingly, the song was going to at first be named "Totally Free", before I decided to switch it all to this theme of chaos. Some of my main inspirations for this track were Corridors of Time, From the Chrono Trigger OST and then The Loki Soundtrack, Mostly just Volume 2 though

! The Next song which I worked on was Unadulterated Madness which up until the very very last minute was going to be called "Chaos" until I decided that it wasn't worthy of that name since I didn't really like the song that much. The reason for me not being particularly fond of this song is because its unfinished, even in the state that you can hear in the EP, its unfinished, I really liked the concept and think I could have done some really interesting things but when I tried to open up the project file on my 2nd day of working on it, something had caused the whole project file to be in this state where, if I touched any of the windows, my pc would bluescreen and I would lose everything. So I did as much as I could to salvage this track, even piecing in other project files and having to manually redo parts, but even still, it is my least favorite of all the tracks in this EP. I have sinced fixed the project file by completely uninstalling the audio plugins which were causing the issues but seeing as some of the main synths in the song got removed by me doing that, it will take a while for me to do much with it, but i may revisit the track at a later time

! A Prelude to Total Chaos was really only made for This Announcement, so there's not much to say about it, the only real thing i have to say about it is that as I was writing this song I was also coming up with the ideas for the last song in the album, "Chaos.", oh and also originally I was gonna do this stupid countdown thing and it is really really dumb looking back at it, As Seen Here, yes that is my voice with weird effects on it.

! The last song, titled "Chaos." and originally titled "Chaos Approaching", is without a doubt my favorite song I have made to this day, and I still have so many more ideas for expanding upon the concepts developed into the song, as I actually spent almost the entire month of October workshopping and brainstorming different rhythms and techniques in the key that the song is in, Which is why the style switches around so much. Though honestly, while at first i thought the style switching would be very obnoxious and abrupt, I am really happy that it all manages to blend together really nicely. Although this song was a pain in the ass to export, as the sting and choir samples used in the track were too high fidelity for them to be exported properly, which is why you will hear little artifacts from weird exporting issues in the background of the song, but I think it just adds a bit of character to the chaotic nature of this song. The song itself is supposed to represent a boss fight of sorts, and if nothing had broken in the MiniSMP Chaos, it would have been the boss music for that boss, due to this, the song has a few sections were the kick drum and other low end stuff all comes together to form this almost heart beat like tone, with the sweeping pianos and choirs and organs helping emphasize the desperate struggle of the battle, and also fitting with the theme of the song being for a boss fight, there's a few noticeable separate sections of the song, which are supposed to represent 3 phases of this theoretical battle the beginning being the intimidating first phase before transforming into the much more aggressive and chaotic second phase (which is the part where all the style switches start happening), and then the last part representing the bosses last effort to kill you, after which the boss dies, and the leitmotifs set up in the first song "Prelude to Total Chaos" start to really show, hinting that this might not truly be the end of the fight against chaos

Oh and also shout outs to @"Fleek"#188 for being an annoying prick who actively wanted the exporting for this video to take even longer than the like 30 something hours that it ended up taking total, love you man ❤️

• As a music creator myself, 16 and 3/4 minutes of music is a lot of work! Great job, especially in regard to your sound engineering and quality. Keep on composing, you'll see your musical creativity step up to the next level with each new piece.