Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Ryan shouldn’t give in to anybody nagging about a panel especially when there will be like three admins that aren’t Executives who will end up using it.

Panels are a weak point from a security perspective if they are not configured properly and have to be constantly updated because of their libraries. They’re not worth the trouble on a community like this one.

AMP is very comfortable because it has scripts, obtains certificates on your behalf and pretty much does all the work but from my experience is hard to troubleshoot. I have had better experience with Pterodactyl in smaller use cases, less than ten servers, and with AMP in larger cases.

Pterodactyl has a greater community of people who have configured their own scripts for different server software whereas with AMP I have found myself having to use their tool in order to tune my own. With AMP it’s a more tedious process but that’s to be expected when the panel offers a greater variety of video games to host out of the box.

For Minecraft I think Pterodactyl is better for server owners because of this reasoning. AMP is no longer McMyAdmin and it’s clear they’re not going back.