Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • After quite a lot of work today from @"root"#15 and myself, I'm pleased to tell folks that we are starting the commencement of a formal trial into a panel for the TF Network.

Initially the scope will be limited to the DEV-Freedom-02 server, and the new DEV-Plots-01 server that is currently being bought into service.

Our hope is that this will replace the current system, and will allow us to retire most if not all of the functionality of the current discord bot. I'm also hoping it'll finally get people off my back and give them a chance to be nice for a little while :)

Those who have access to these servers will start to get accesses provisioned in the near future, we know there are some issues, frankly this isn't the ideal panel, but I've had enough of people having an un-educated go at me for the discord bot, so I'm afraid folks are going to have to lump it now with the panel that they're getting.

If all goes well we'll migrate the Freedom-01 server, hubs and all other infrastructure on to the panel in the coming months.

Thanks.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

Alco_Rs11 This is better overall for server stability

Given how buggy the panel software has been, I'll believe that when I see it...

Alco_Rs11 mitigates damage risks when bot breaches

No it just moves it from being a single bot associated with Discord creds, to a load of WebUI's that are prime pickings for brute force attacks. Risk of compromise has significantly increased. Also means we have an extra place we have to manage access, so far more likely to accidentality forget to remove peoples access from it.

Wild1145

•   RedEastWood I strongly disagree with using a panel, especially when it doesn't meet 100% of the requirements, but after the other threads and the ongoing nagging people have pushed to me, I don't really have a choice, so I've dropped my personal plans for today to help get this working and it's what we're going to have to make the best of.

Telesphoreo AMP.

Wild1145

•   Telesphoreo As I've said 100 times before... Ptero isn't fit for purpose, and meets even less of the requirements I have.

And no, it's not an issue with OpenVZ / KVM / Hyper-V / Xen / Anything else, the fact it requires me to run everything in Docker, makes it utterly un-fit for purpose.

Wild1145

•   Telesphoreo But it does meet more of the requirements we have... AMP is the only panel that has been identified as having the majority of what we need. Ptero may be less buggy but the bottom line is it doesn't meet our requirements so won't be something we can use.

Wild1145

• For reference here are some of the things that were being looked at, that AMP currently has that Pterodactyl does not.
    (Some things will be ommited if both panels support the same thing.)

Docker support being optional, not required. (I.E. you can choose whether or not to run your instances within Docker containers)

An actual audit log system.
    Pterodactyl has an audit log, but it's not fully implemented and only logs file manager actions (and not even within a GUI) -- AMP logs things like user logins, what command is ran, by what user, at what time/date.

This wasn't a direct requirement (rather optional), but LDAP support.

Both per-user permission management and group/role-bassd permission management.

1gaah.png

• Unpopular opinion, I didn't mind having to use a Discord bot. I think the actual problem is that the only 2 people with console access are one time zone away, and a panel won't fix that.

root An actual audit log system

Who with a sound mind would choose something like this without a proper audit log

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

Tizz Who with a sound mind would choose something like this without a proper audit log

To which thing are you talking about?

1gaah.png

•   root A panel with incomplete or no audit logs. We've been discussing in admin channels about incomplete logging of commands from telnet so I believe we care about this topic. At least AMP has logs similar to TotalFreedom bot in #bot-logs

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• Unfortunately (and not for lack of trying) we have rules AMP ultimately unfit for purpose which is not ideal and a bit of a shame given the work that went into it.

After a long chat earlier with root we have stood up Ptero in a different pattern to how we had planed to run a panel. I'll explain more about this in a later post, but in short were moving to ptero going forward and retiring AMP.

Freedom-01 is still planned to be moved into a panel and will eventually form into Ptero in due course.

While we have made some useful steps forward functionality wise with ptero over amp, we've also lost quite a few which has been a frustration.

Again I'll cover all this off in a later post but just wanted to keep folks updated.

Wild1145