Posts by resident_user

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

videogamesm12

I think you misunderstood what I said. It is a competition for players to obtain admin on this server and it would not be out of the question for admins to have an interest in which next player becomes an admin.

In addition, this server is structured like an inverse pyramid because it never stops accepting admins despite having a dwindling supply of regular players who are uninterested in becoming admin.

@"erin"#107

“thus this application is going to be denied early as it will not likely hit the approval threshold.”

I don’t think you made the right decision. I counted 10 people vouching and 16 people objecting to that application (1.6) which doesn’t seem like enough of a threshold to deny that application so early on.

Ryan shouldn’t give in to anybody nagging about a panel especially when there will be like three admins that aren’t Executives who will end up using it.

Panels are a weak point from a security perspective if they are not configured properly and have to be constantly updated because of their libraries. They’re not worth the trouble on a community like this one.

AMP is very comfortable because it has scripts, obtains certificates on your behalf and pretty much does all the work but from my experience is hard to troubleshoot. I have had better experience with Pterodactyl in smaller use cases, less than ten servers, and with AMP in larger cases.

Pterodactyl has a greater community of people who have configured their own scripts for different server software whereas with AMP I have found myself having to use their tool in order to tune my own. With AMP it’s a more tedious process but that’s to be expected when the panel offers a greater variety of video games to host out of the box.

For Minecraft I think Pterodactyl is better for server owners because of this reasoning. AMP is no longer McMyAdmin and it’s clear they’re not going back.

Luke “I’m not having people come to me upset because people knowingly made jokes that were targeted to their religion to make them uncomfortable.”

You are either being disingenuous (intentionally twisting what happened) because of feelings of inferiority or you are lacking the faculties to do your “job” as an admin. If a joke makes someone feel uncomfortable and they are able to perceive it as humor then it is because they feel inadequate. A community should not be beholden to emotionally twisted people.

@'Ryan' Please don’t take this the wrong way because I’m being completely serious when I say that you’re overestimating how much people care about your server.

Lots of old players will not take the time to sign up on this forum and file an appeal which by the way could be a lot easier. I’m sure lots of players don’t even remember what they did.

Even the players who do know they did something wrong will likely not get unbanned because this community is not all that forgiving.

As I said in my post, in order for old grudges to be lifted something big needs to happen on this server and that includes forgetting old bans. It would at least prevent appeals from showing up where admins and players conjure up drama from years’ past like what happens consistently on the forum right now.

Luke Congratulations. You’ve made an argument on why punishing a player because they are “offensive” is a slippery slope.

Players, messages or builds shouldn’t be moderated because they are “offensive.” This is an ineffectual standard and it will always spark outrage on a vocal community like this one.

taah If something is being moderated selectively as you can admit in this post then an admin should not be suspended for something which other admins are excused and even congratulated for joking about so long as the topic does not center around Islam or something that’s not controversial.

In addition, look at the thread you linked and how it is described.

“bigotry towards others’ political perspectives”

Religion being a “political perspective” is an understatement because it is a greater part of someone’s worldview and determines how they live their life. The reasoning alone is plain in contrast to the reasoning on this suspension thread.

erin I’m talking about the interactions that go on in chat between admins and players. The reason for this suspension doesn’t bear much distinction from that. It seems hypocritical that admins mock other faiths on the regular but when they actually build something to show for it then they’re guilty of -phobia.

As I said, when the topic of Islam is raised then attention is suddenly drawn to politics because an admin made a joke.

Deauthorized

@'wxtermelon'

Admins on here make fun of religion all the time. It seems like when Islam is the only religion made fun of then it is “Islamophobia” but when he mocks Christianity then he is not guilty of “Christophobia.” There are too many conditions on this server but it’s okay because these also extend into the realm of the West.

simplynick

My point was that the suspension and its reasoning seemed like a joke but it goes without saying that what this admin did was also a joke.

When a place to have fun turns into a political soapbox and higher-ups begin discerning things because of their political value like how they feel about Muslim extremists then this isn’t a valid reason to suspend an admin.

1. Most people are willing to agree that this server is in a state of decline brought on by players losing interest in the server or simply maturing out of it.
    2. Any attempt to advertise the server has lead to failure because Minecraft as a game is no longer in its hayday. Simply put, the chance to make a server like TotalFreedom a “big player” as a network has expired because of the state of this video game.
    3. New players will always drift to servers that are already popular and old players want to experience nostalgia by joining servers they are familiar with. This server’s best opportunity for survival is by imagining itself as a place that has been around for a long time where players can dredge up old memories.
    4. To do this, old grudges need to be forgotten and bans should be lifted on every platform. Once players come back to the server and play again the ones that break rules can be selectively banned.