Current state of TotalFreedom Development

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • After a few threads recently, I wanted to update you on the current state of development capacity and capability within our community, because I feel it's a topic that urgently needs to be discussed, and for greater visibility and awareness to be had throughout the community.

At the current time, and at the time of writing this TotalFreedom has no active developers working on functionality and features for the TF Server. While we do have 3 developers, at the moment they are all busy with non-TF work.

The reality of this position is that it significantly reduces what we are able to do, and what we can provide to the TF community, and makes it impossible to look to start developing new features and functionality on Freedom-01, or any of the other development related activities that we are keen to be undertaking, including a lot of the gamemodes and activities that we recently have had to shelve.

With all of this in mind, I need to make the community aware that we will be struggling to add additional bespoke functionality to TF for the foreseeable future, and that at the moment any and all developer effort we have will be re-tasked towards the Java 16 upgrade, and then the absolute minimum upgrade required for us to support 1.17. I hope that between these things it will enable us to sustain our current player base.

I will be continuing to look at the additional plugins that have been approved, and where they can be added without developer effort they will be added, and where they require developer effort they will be left until we have sufficient capacity to pick such work up.

I appreciate this is disappointing, but is just the current state of things. Please just keep this in mind when you're unhappy things aren't moving as quickly as they could be...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK