Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Eid Mubarak to all the Muslims around the world!

As there’s been a spawn set for Eid, a common question has come up:

What is Eid?
    Eid in Arabic means ‘festival’ - it is a festival celebrated by Muslims. There are two Eids; Eid al Fitr and Eid al Adha.

Eid al Fitr means ‘Festival of Breaking the Fast’. Eid al Adha means ‘Festival of Sacrifice’.

The Eid we are celebrating from tonight is Eid Al Adha.

If you have any more questions, leave them below and I hope they can be answered!

• @'BlueRayo'

For Eid Al Fitr, the belief is that it signifies the end of Ramadan. I unfortunately don't know any stories behind it.

However, Eid Al Adha is to commemorate the Prophet Ibrahim who was prepared to sacrifice his son for Allah. The story is that Allah asked Ibrahim to sacrifice his son; both Ibrahim and his son were willing to do this. His son was blindfolded while lying down. As the blade was going down, a ram was sent from heaven and the ram was killed instead.

•   You! It's almost the same as Moses narrated it in the book of Genesis, but God made the ram get stuck in a bush after stopping Abraham / Ibrahim and explaining the unusual request.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager