RedEastWood's Public Statement

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I realise in the past I may not have been the most likeable individual, the most charismatic or indeed the most affable - in a way this caused my downfall in ways I never would have imagined. Upon my reinstatement I was faced with a decision, do I replicate myself here as I would in real life, or do I mould myself to an online persona and act in ways I never would be able to in the real world. I opted for the latter, and upon my Senior Admin application, it became abundandly apparant I chose poorly.

I'd like to apologise to anyone I've wronged in any way at all. I'd like to apolgise to You! for constantly undermining him and acting as if he isn't a damn good admin, we all know he is. I'd like to apologise to Darth for our various entanglements and issues, I hope we can put them behind us and move forward together. I'd like to apologise to Ivan for the way I handled our interactions, we would've worked well together had we been in the right circumstances. There are probably countless others who feel as though they've been wronged by me, and I fully accept responsibility for it. Chances are I have, and I'd like to make it right in any way I can. I'd also like to take this time to apologise to anyone who feels as if I'm "land grabbing" or claiming ranks on the server for power, those truly are not my intentions. I opt to for jobs that I know I'm capable of doing, and I do everything in the best interest of this community. I have been ready and willing to pour substantial amounts of money into the server, and I've spent countless hours sat at my computer developing the SMP and GMod gamemodes. I'm truly sorry if my demeanour made it seem as though I acted in a power hungry manner.

Looking back on my time here I more than realise how little things build up, and how my mentality was incorrect from day one. I have been trying to fix this since early March, and I hope you all can see that and the improvements I'm making. TF is my community, it is my home, and I am proud to be among individuals who have been playing on this server for quite a while. This server was my childhood, and it kills me to know I am very heavily disliked in the place I grew up in.

I ask you to trust me. Trust that I have your thoughts and opinions in mind, and that I have nothing but the best intentions for this server. Trust that I will stop at nothing to bring this server back to its former self, the server that I grew up with and loved.

Thank you.

@redeastwood#15795 , and it kills me to know I am very heavily disliked in the place I grew up in.

i don't think ur heavily disliked im not even gonna lie

I've been in the same boat multiple times. Its never truly what you think. People used to (and still do for some reason) call me powerhungry. Some people just didn't like me because I was me. you often forget the majority in favour of the minority. in my case i left TF for like 3 months cuz I thought everyone was against me, turns out it was just out of context stuff given to me by people who wanted to elicit a reaction from me.

point being that from our interactions (and the fact that you now have a following of red/blue/yellowwood) you don't seem to be disliked. it just seems people take issue to how you've handled things prior, and that happens. nobody is perfect.

thas my 2 cents on this at least.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• i don't really mind the small jokes and stuff but sometimes a joke becomes an insult and it can hurt someone. most of the time i didn't really care what you said towards me but sometimes i did, and that was when it passed the limits. i accept your apology.

despite what i've said though, not many people dislike you. whenever you try to improve there's always gonna be haters that remain. that's something i've learnt from TF in the past year and it's something you probably know. that's all i gotta say ig

• I think it was the right call to make this post and also to issue those apologies. That said, I really appreciate the work you put into the server. It is evident how much you care for the server, and I can see how hard you are working on it - I don't think you are power-hungry.

• I think this is a good first step in the right direction. I hope to see you improve over the next several months, and I hope that down the road when you eventually apply for another position that I can vote yes in good faith.