Forum slow for anybody else?

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I noticed it this morning on mobile but had chalked it up to my rubbish signal.

I'll take a look this afternoon when I finish work. Guessing flarum abusing the dB server again...

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Flarum was doing something under the hood that was causing excessively high load on the VPS this runs on so hopefully a solid reboot has fixed that.

Wild1145

• @fssp#864 It looks like Flarum is updating an access token every time you load a page and storing it in the DB, so everything you click you're waiting for the request to get to the DB Server, store the stuff, and then get back to the Flarum server for Flarum to process things.

Given this is running on the ATLAS Core DB and things like CoreProtect are also putting it under a greater load we'll look to move the DB in the future to a beefier box, but tbh I'm not sure it'll make significant differences, I'm not sure why every time you sneeze Flarum feels the need to write the change there and then...

Wild1145

• With the changes to the infrastructure which has moved the forums and other supporting infrastructure on to much better kit, this seems to be resolved and the poor forum performance seems to be resolved. Let us know if that changes.

Wild1145