Change Ip based Ranks

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I didnt know that ranks were given Based on ip, But It is a slight problem on my end because i have a sibling who Plays on TF and is on the same ip as me, Thus whenever they log on, They Automatically have admin. I remember wild1145 Having to deal with this one time, and I was just wondering if the system that ranks were given out could be reworked to Ranks by account, And on the logs Adress, Have you login with your MC account to access it.

• I believe ip verification is an option in the next tfm release (need to check if that includes ranks management as well) but happy with this. We are now an online mode server so the ip verification is purely legacy.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Since TF is premium, the ranks should use UUID and IP should be phased out because it is a legacy feature and UUID solves the issue of having a sibling that also plays on the server getting admin privileges.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

• This suggestion is similar to FS-78 (Moving away from IP addresses). This is what I posted on the ticket:

We can always implement a password system if we were to migrate away from using IP addresses. However, implementation of optional IP verification is ideal - pretty sure you mentioned it somewhere. Using a password system could be beneficial for people with dynamic addresses but they can use IP verification to verify themselves on Telnet and HTTPD.

We should look into implementing a system where the data is linked to their forum account (this also depends on the forum account) - easy to verify users through that method and I believe it will be beneficial as well as we can sync all the information across at once instead of manually changing things in multiple different locations.

Just my thoughts on this topic.

• So I was wrong and the IP Verification was something else it seems.

I've raised FS-177 to allow us to switch to UUID only verification (By configuration) and to still store the IP Addresses in the database to keep Telnet / HTTPD working until FS-78 has been fully scoped and sorted, at which point we can stop logging the IP addresses for admin records entirely.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK