Allow ops to vanish

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @wild1145#9685 @Ashaz#9684 Vanished admins are essentially granted invisibility. Admins can only see other admins (in vanish) on tab, in the actual game they're invisible.. the most you can see is a couple of invisibility particles.

Example (in this picture, matt is in front of me in vanish):

• @Shdwo#9702 Yeah that was my point, it's if we want to find a way to allow admins to actually see OP's (Like an outline or something) or not that's the question for me, as showing in tab is very different to seeing them IG

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @wild1145#9703 I feel like that is definitely needed if this is going to be implemented. However what would be the point in granting OPs access to vanish when they can just add an invisibility potion to themselves and it would have the same effect? Admins would still be able to see them via /gmsp as a ghosty outline appears when viewing invisible entities.

And as for building near spawn, drinking an invisiblity potion or even using /effect would have the same outcome as giving them access to vanish. Other people would still be able to see blocks being placed and destroyed, just not the player model itself. You can even hide particles using /effect or potions.

If we block the ability to disguise as invisible falling blocks or entities, that would eliminate the possibility of hiding from admins (refer to my suggestion: https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/909-remove-d…ock-entities/21). The only benefit I'd see out of allowing this would be ease of access as they wouldn't have to manually drink a potion or add an effect with a lengthy command.. other than that, it's useless

• I think this feels like a good call, will mean we can block other ways (Like on the invisible blocks ones) later on and have a manageable way to allow OP's to vanish.

FS-166 raised to do this.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK