Good USB C Hub?

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • So I can't believe I have to ask this but can anyone reccomend a good USB C Hub??

My work basically requires a laptop and I'm going to basically not be using a desktop very much anymore. I'm getting the new M1 MacBook Air (flex) but i need a hub for USB A, Ethernet, and HDMI. Problem is all the ones I see are cheap Chinese junk, are slow and not suited for high speeds, and for some reason cause the computer to overheat???

I've seen the ones that fit my needs exactly like the OWC one. But the problem is that it's a dock that you have to plug in (to an outlet and doesn't work just plugged in to the computer). So I'm pressed to find a half decent USB C Hub. Does anyone have any experience or reccomendations? I think the M1 supports Thunderbolt 4, which would be ideal if it didn't plug in to an outlet. I wouldn't mind buying a separate USB C to Ethernet dongle, but I'd at least like the hub to have HDMI built in. Any suggestions? Thanks

• wild1145 November 2, 2022 at 6:30 PM

Selected a post as the best answer.