Steal My Ideas! | Scrapped Stuff #1 | More Freedom

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Disclaimer: The Following Post IS NOT a Suggestion Post

You are free to turn it into one if you like some of the idea presented here but for now this is just crazy things thought up by a crazy person (me). If you vote on this thread I will point and laugh at you.

On with the thread:

Now then, this thread will be detailing a project which I was very sad to have to scrap. MB Server. Now, I know what you're probably thinking, "DragonSlayer2189 we already have mb-proj-01 and mb-proj-02, what more could you want?" Well you see, the idea at the time was that we would scrap the mbworld as part of moving stuff like plotworld off of the server, so I was thinking about it and came up with the idea of essentially creating a new server, just for MBs, who (hopefully) are more trustworthy than your average op, and thus have it be a freedom server with almost no limits. Similar to the MB world, Ops would be able to join this MB Server and see whats happening but would have 0 permissions, meanwhile MBs would have full OP (But unable to OP non-mbs and all that, but we'll talk more about that in a bit)

Since the aim of this was to create an environment where MBs could easily build and do anything, I went all out, with stuff like FAWE, goPaint, goBrush, VoxelSniper, ArmorStandEdit etc. But where this server truly was unique was with Command Blocks, I know, I know, that sounds like the worst Idea ever, giving command blocks, perhaps one of the most powerful tools in Minecraft, to a bunch of MBs. Well I thought so as well, and so I got a custom plugin made specifically for this server (thanks ayunami!), this plugin's main purpose was too intercept the output of command blocks, stopping any harmful commands (think of it like how tfm blocks OP perms, everyone has OP, but some things are explicitly disabled by intercepting the command), this way we wouldn't have to deal with like a repeating command block with /stop in it or anything like that.

But why even give them access to command blocks? Well, I may be biased here, being the command block wizard that I am, but you can do a ton of cool shit with them that I think would be very neat to be able to use for building whatever you want, I mean look at the hub, maybe its just me, but I think that the animated border around the portal, as well as the particles emitted from it, are small but great details, which can go a long way in making something stand out more.

Bonus Idea: MB Score

In the same document which I proposed this idea to Ryan in, I talked about perhaps looking into structuring the MB Team similar to how the server "Wynncraft" handles their team. If you don't know what thats like you can check out video's like this one from TommyInnit (I know, cringe youtuber, but good video). Essentially every builder has a "score", and as you complete more builds and do more stuff, you get points added to this score. The score doesn't really have any value, but it does signify being a more trusted member of the team, and thus could incentivize MB activity

Conclusion:

I proposed this idea to Ryan on July 19th, 2021, and in my whole ECD term, it never got past this phase of production. so sad.

However, I hope that this maybe gives you an idea of just how crazy we could go with the freedom concept. Now the question for you all to answer is should we?

Original document which this post is based on can be found here!

Bonus Credit to Ayunami for that CMD Block Blocker which can be found here!

• I don’t think I really got it across here because I never really talked about it in the original document either, but the main reason why I wanted to split the mbworld from the main freedom server was because I felt that the freedom-01 didn’t (and still doesn’t) have the tools needed to build good shit. I can’t even go into spectator mode smh, do you know how hard it is to navigate my super complex very compact 5x5x3 sequenced synchronized counter clockwise spiral hidden seemless glass piston door without spectator mode?

• One problem I as a builder who mostly creates landscapes but doesn’t have mb the plugins all sound like they should be available on normal tf so people like me can also use them cause i think it would help me be able to create more landscapes that also look better

codium multimatter redanium sporres

• One problem I as a builder who mostly creates landscapes but doesn’t have mb the plugins all sound like they should be available on normal tf so people like me can also use them cause i think it would help me be able to create more landscapes that also look better

yeah, iirc the main problem is that some of them work with coreprotect, and others don’t. If I recall correctly, we had voxel sniper for a bit, and it was awesome, but it didn’t properly get logged. If someone does decide to do something with this, you should investigate what gets logged and what doesn’t