TFGL violations and build failures - An advisory

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Hello,

This is an advisory that many repos on my Nexus have been deleted. Unfortunately, I was not aware that BukkitTelnet was licensed under TFGL when Jenkins published those artifacts to Nexus. All versions of BukkitTelnet have been purged from Nexus. I am making this post because I can see they have been downloaded recently so someone is using them. You'll have to figure out a different way to get BukkitTelnet as a dependency in your code.

Same goes for TotalFreedomMod. The actual TFGL version of TotalFreedomMod was never published to Nexus. What was being published was DummyTFM (https://github.com/Telesphoreo/DummyTFM) with the TFM package name. This was quite confusing so it has been removed and now only uses the actual package name (me.telesphoreo:DummyTFM:1.1c). DummyTFM was created as a loophole for TFGL which publishes the code signatures that are used for the TF- bridges. However, when it is actually ran on the server it will use TFMs. This essentially tricks plugins into compiling dummy code signatures that can actually be used with TFM.

If you put Module-BukkitTelnet on the server either with no BukkitTelnet or an older version of BukkitTelnet that doesn't support Plex, it will now compile it for you in game (yes you read that right) thanks to Allink.

It is unfortunate that Prozza would not let us keep BukkitTelnet up on my Nexus, but there's nothing I can really do. This basically serves as a warning for anyone contributing to any TFGL project: you're abiding to a license where you cannot distribute whatever you may wish to write in Object form.