LGBTQ+ Rights / Similar Discussion

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @videogamesm12#12974 are you denying that trans people and lgbt people are commiting suicide because of how they are?

• @billy7oblos#12976 they aren't committing suicide because they are lgbtq, even the article that you linked disproves this

their depression isn't caused by simply being lgbtq, it's caused by being lgbtq and being discriminated against because of it

@billy7oblos#12976 are you denying that trans people and lgbt people are commiting suicide because of how they are?

I'm not denying anything. You have repeatedly implied that the suicide and depression rates are proportional to the increase of LGBTQ+ and have on numerous occasions implied this is due to a causational relationship:

@billy7oblos#12863 I would say depression in the western world is because of many factors, sexualization and accepting LGBTQ are just some of them

@billy7oblos#12975 well for trans people especially, trying to pretend you are another gender your whole life would probably take a toll on your mental health.

As I've said before, you have little to none evidence that backs up what you're attempting to imply.

image.png

@billy7oblos#12981 LGBT > discrimination(will always be there) > depression

Not all depression is caused by discrimination in this regard, however there are a lot of instances where this is the case. I don't understand why this is the reason why we should ban it though?

Edit: Thinking things through a bit more

image.png

@billy7oblos#12985 if we could prevent something that causes depression then we should no?

1. LGBTQ+ does not directly cause depression. The problem is not LGBTQ+ itself, but the factors leading up to the depression, sometimes influenced by them being LGBTQ+ (e.g. discrimination and abuse towards those who are LGBTQ+) but other times it's not. Wouldn't it be better to prevent the discrimination (and the other factors leading up to depression) from happening instead?

2. Banning LGBTQ+ isn't going to fix that, and if anything is more likely going to do more harm than good.

Edit: Some other thoughts came into mind after posting my original reply

image.png

• @videogamesm12#12986
    well lgbt can cause depression in some cases like trans people might have depression without discrimination.
    anyway i think it would be hard to stop everyone from discriminating against lgbt for many reasons

@videogamesm12#12986 Banning LGBTQ+ isn't going to fix that, and if anything is more likely going to do more harm than good.

no, i gave the example of the ksa. If you accept that LGBT is unnatural than banning it will do nothing but good

@fleshly#12992 that's like tearing down a house that's on fire just to put out the fire

no its not, if lgbt is preventable than its putting out the fire while keeping the house

@fleshly#12993 you've yet to show one case

transgender people can be depressed without discrimination

@billy7oblos#12991 well lgbt can cause depression in some cases like trans people might have depression without discrimination.

You should take into account the possibility of the depression not even being related to LGBTQ+ at all, like for example economic struggles (poverty), living conditions, or the loss of loved ones.

image.png

• @videogamesm12#13000 yes... but those same factors apply to non lgbt people (and lgbt people have a higher depression rate)

@billy7oblos#12997 transgender people can be depressed without discrimination

yeah, so can a lot of other people. discrimination ain't the only reason depression can come about, although according to what you're saying, that's not true.

1gaah.png

@billy7oblos#12991 anyway i think it would be hard to stop everyone from discriminating against lgbt for many reasons

so you're just going to make discriminating against lgbtq the norm? doesn't that just makes everything worse?

@billy7oblos#12991 If you accept that LGBT is unnatural than banning it will do nothing but good

bro lgbtq isn't like a server plugin, you can't just ban it and expect it to never appear again

• @root#13002 I never said that depression cant come for another reason. Trans people can become depressed from transgenderism itself are you denying this? trying to be someone that you are not wont have a toll?

• @billy7oblos#13004 i personally haven't seen anything on trans folk being depressed due to being trans/transitioning. -- if you can throw some sources, that'd be appreciated.

another note to be made is that generally those who detransitioned, did so due to social pressure/discrimination/etc -- not because they've been unhappy about actually transitioning.

1gaah.png