Posts by GeekGuy432

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

Vouch.

If admins are having a laugh by deliberately making ridiculous indefinite ban requests, I suggest that that is, at the very least, under "Minor cases of malicious power abuse" (temporary suspension).

In the past this was the case (if a person wiped the ban list by mistake they were told to reban all who have an open request against them). It doesn't make sense that a person should be allowed to return and continually cause trouble while the ban request process runs.

I think we have to have a degree of trust in admins that they are not going to be silly, and do something about it if they are.

I've seen from posts on the forum that there is a plan to introduce new items to the coin shop. I've also heard that some people are sitting on large piles of coins and that this is problematic. I suggest that, to remove some of the coins and give people a way to spend coins on an ongoing basis, that some items in the coin shop are "subscription" type things i.e. you get access to X for a period of 14 days or something like that.

I have no ideas for what in particular coins could be spent on in this way (and I do recognise that this is not enormously helpful), but I am making the suggestion because of public comments that new items are being considered.

If we are going to have self-requested indefinite bans (which I have no problem with), I think that there should be a clear policy about how these are issued. At the moment, I can't find any policy that backs them (in fact, I can only see a policy that implicitly forbids them in "Players can only be indefinitely banned for committing one or more offenses from category 1 of the conduct policy" on the indefinite ban template).

I propose the following things:
    (1) Making it explicit in the Indefinite ban request template policy details of the following:

• How an individual may go about making a self-request e.g. "make a thread" or "ask an admin"
    • Conditions on being unbanned from a self-request e.g. "A person banned under a self-request must fill in an indefinite ban release form to be unbanned, and will not be unbanned for the requested length of the ban, which must be at least X days."
      Also perhaps note that self-requests are granted at the Indefinite Ban Manager's discretion (to deal with people who are abusing the system e.g. attention-seekers). I envisage this being used after people object on a request.

(2) Indefinite ban requests on the user may still be made based on the conduct of the user, irrespective of whether they have self-requested a ban. This stops the possibility (which so far, I have not seen) of people self-requesting a ban to avoid a punishment.

To make it clear, I am only suggesting this because I have seen a slight increase in these types of requests - I am certainly not suggesting that there is attention-seeking or attempts to avoid punishment in these recent requests.

At the moment, the admin reinstatement template lists, as one of the reasons for losing admin status, "c. I quit or resigned (Yes or No) If Yes, explain why you didn't follow the policy to simply go inactive rather than quit or resign." I propose replacing the second sentence. I think that resignations (particularly the drama-free ones) are perfectly honourable (and I think the no resignations policy was repealed when Mark was owner anyway). With that in mind, I propose replacing the second sentence with "If Yes, please post a link to your resignation thread (if available)." so that anything relevant from the resignation thread can be reviewed. I then think we should change question 5 so people who resign don't have to answer the question about what they have done to warrant reinstatement.

Thank you so much for all your work for the server. I have greatly enjoyed chatting in game with you over the years. It is very sad to see such a competent, pleasant admin resign, but I wish you all the best.

I think it was the right call to make this post and also to issue those apologies. That said, I really appreciate the work you put into the server. It is evident how much you care for the server, and I can see how hard you are working on it - I don't think you are power-hungry.

I would vouch in accordance with the longstanding principle that we tend to unban those who confess to fairly minor offences:
    "After you post your appeal, it will be reviewed and you'll normally be unbanned unless it's determined you were lying on your ban appeal or you committed serious offenses that warrant further review."