Posts by FromTimeToTime

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

just to be clear, i have video's blessing to make this thread. it's not a suggestion for EAOs, but a special case for him. he's currently the only one I find trustworthy, committed, and faithful enough to TF to consider recommending as an addition.

f-01 is often terrorized all through the night by exploits. sometimes we're down for hours, or just hit over and over again. meanwhile, video is always awake, cranking out new patches for scissors. but once those patches are ready to go, he lacks the authority to load them on the server. if he were trusted with FTP access, he could provide so much more value to TF, including doing that himself when others can't.

he was previously the official archivist of the server, which gave him FTP access. lately, he has sought out access again, including for his flatlands archival project, which he ended up taking into his own hands for a whole month last autumn. due to his insatiable eagerness to archive things, i suggest laying out some ground rules for his access, if that concerns you.

however, i am confident that the positives outweigh the negatives. he is extremely competent, so I don't believe he would be a significant liability security-wise. he is willing to keep on top of patches when time is of the essence, update plugins in a more timely manner, and likely provide backups the likes of which have never been seen before.

i object for more or less the same reasons as dragon. you act like an angry drunkard 24/7 while the admins excuse it bc it’s entertaining. everyone knows you can’t control yourself & i’m tired of not saying something about it. you must not be treated above the rules.

i would like to see either essentialsxdiscord on f-01 (which would allow us to use /list from the server chat channel), or TFM/Plex Discord integration, or a bot which allows basic op commands from discord. idk if that constitutes a vouch.

i noticed there's miscommunication about what features a bot would have if reintroduced. Video seems to only care to let it see public information. Dragon seems to expect it to also handle restarting the server, manage roles, or issue punishments. i think that we must agree on its abilities before we vouch for something that becomes very different by the end of the vote.

i don't ordinarily believe in reducing player freedoms, but this exploit deliberately skirts around tptoggle. if the community were okay with player locations always being known, we would have unlimited access to gamemode spectator.

the nocom exploit refers to logging player coordinates regardless of others' tptoggle settings. there is an even newer unpatched version of the exploit which only works in creative mode, involving lecterns. whenever SexiestBot (and possibly LunasBot) are online, they are logging player coordinates, and the former is known to log them to a Discord server accessible to Allink's inner circle.

the suggestion is to prohibit any iteration of nocom.

if you have a build in the flatlands and you would like to keep its location a secret, i recommend moving it when no other players are online and then not visiting it for a while.

ryan: your leadership habits will cost you friends.

we depend on you to make fair judgements, but for months you’ve been inconsiderate. players in vc i’ve never heard of casually talked of you as a tyrant today. and.. you blow off every opportunity to change course.

you dislike Ivan & Flobbier so you came up with easy excuses to eliminate them. you had no mature response to jwmphall so you locked his thread. you continue to overrule and be a bully rather than a leader.

you must work on that in order to keep around your friends, employees, and players. your role does not make how you treat others okay. you take it all for granted and it shows.

I respect your efforts and/or your struggles, and there are many reasons why what I am going to say could be the case, but currently I find it difficult to understand you. this is a very communication-intensive role, and by your responses I am not convinced that you will communicate as effectively as the role demands of you (yet?).

I object not because of the communication thing, but because I'm concerned that you haven't made enough of an impression on the current player base to have earned their blessing yet

DiscordSRV does provide online and tps w/ a customizable prefix. it has a console too, but we'd disable it for security.

DiscordSRV was rejected for use on F-01 (link) because of TFM's custom admin chat and an outstanding ticket. that ticket was probably FS-200 ("Integrate NetworkManager Ranks into TFM via API"), which Video wanted to have wait until the completion of FS-403 ("Move TFM Player data to exclusively UUID Based"), and Ryan doesn't want to wait for FS-403.

w/ all that in mind, Ashaz also has a suggestion to replace DiscordSRV on the current servers w/ EssentialsXDiscord (link)

@'hppybd' thank you!

videogamesm12 approved in 2021 (link)

! FS-227 - To make sure Explosive Arrows respect server explosive settings and do no damage if that is enabled.
    FS-228 - To ensure we actually log any damage [explosive arrows] does do into CoreProtect
    FS-229 - To convert [explosive arrows] into a shop item
    FS-330 - To allow disabling of [explosive arrows] per player / globally at staff digression temporarily.

@"noah"#40 if we are to vote on your idea, you decide what you think about those things, or whatever else is relevant to this. we just need you to update the original post with more detail!

Noah pretty self explanatory

not exactly. right click with a fireball to propel yourself upwards, or in the opposite direction of where you’re looking? should it place fire permanently, temporarily, or at all, on the surface it is used on? is it usable in mid-air for an extra boost? in survival mode or adventure mode, should using it inflict damage on the user or those nearby? do you imagine it having any particle effects? does it provide any other status effects, buffs or debuffs? do you imagine it being a shop item, a free command, or to completely override the default behavior of fire charges all the time?

@'wxtermelon' not in vanilla. ender chest plugins just hijack the event and display their own custom container instead. the contents are stored in a database managed by the plugin. the end result is the same as if you used a player vault plugin.

Rhymix
    1: my favorite so far. i noticed the flames are skewed a little diagonally and i don't know if that's intentional. it becomes more noticeable the smaller you make the design.

2: looks really great on the dark forum appearance, but when you view it over white (try disabling night mode) it looks bad. a black outline or drop shadow would improve the contrast.

@"Pace"#647 @"John Bon"#648 via your latest post on eso, your goal along with coronaiscool is to make the members of this community feel like they can’t trust one another. this is silly for a number of reasons:

• we already don’t
    • we see low enough activity that all your new accounts stand out and will for the foreseeable future
    • nobody joins the forum having never played TF
    • your MO is obvious to anyone familiar with eso. your characters too quickly devolve into insults or melodrama because you are impatient to see reactions
    • assuming one of your characters lasts long enough to be embraced by the community, you’d make friends and regret that it happened under false pretenses
    • your actions are not hurting anyone

if you ever manage to, the admins between eso and tf have a mutual interest in reporting you. just don’t take it too far.