Posts by Beta_Alpha

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

We're no strangers to love
    You know the rules and so do I
    A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
    You wouldn't get this from any other guy
    I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
    Gotta make you understand
    Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    We've known each other for so long
    Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
    Inside we both know what's been going on
    We know the game and we're gonna play it
    And if you ask me how I'm feeling
    Don't tell me you're too blind to see
    Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna give, never gonna give
    (Give you up)
    We've known each other for so long
    Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
    Inside we both know what's been going on
    We know the game and we're gonna play it
    I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
    Gotta make you understand
    Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye

In a server that's designed like TF to be an entirely free and open experience, both in terms of gameplay and profits, community is basically what we're trying to focus towards. Yeah, I have no problem with trying to add a few more numbers to TF. The more the merrier. But to me the way they're doing it and the direction I feel like it's going to go is your basic network server with paid ranks and multiple minigames and gamemodes and all that overdone stuff.

If Ryan and the rest of the high ranks are genuinely planning on going down a route like this, or in any way similar, it would be nice to at least let us know. Not trying to point fingers and start a rumour, but this conclusion is really the only one that makes sense in my mind.

@'Ryan' I've heard a lot about the insane speeds in iOS and i won't deny that it's true, but from what I can tell that's only true for what Apple wants it to be true. Don't get me wrong, Apple being in total control of all sections of its products, especially the hardware and software, is exactly what makes it so well optimised, but this won't apply to all services a person would use on their phone. I've also had personal experiences of their system failing while using my Mac for certain workloads.

Though this is mostly coming from my years of Android use and the fact that i'm somewhat of a power user when it comes to phones means I'll need the extra specs.

Also, in the long term storage is 100% going to be an issue and even if iCloud exists in many cases expandable storage options are easier and smoother to manage for a mobile device. Apple also tends to offer smaller battery capacities than Android alternatives which makes a great impact as your battery ages over time.

UnderTails To me the "apple is expensive" applied to the fact it doesn't really give you as much as you're paying for. Yes, companies like Samsung and Huawei charge just as much (in some cases more) but I felt as if the price there was justified in most cases since in comparison you get more storage, options, battery capacity with those models than you do with the iPhone equivalent of those phones. Though apple has been getting some huge gains these days which has justified most of their prices, especially with its involvement in AR technology and the M1 chip on its iPads and Macs.

Still not sure if i'd pay the €1200 for iPhone pro max (the price listed on the official website) but I'd be fine with a price like say €800-900 (Close to the price i had paid for my Note9 which has similar specs to the iPhone 12 pro max), mainly because apple still is a lot behind in terms of battery capacity, RAM and storage, key factors that determine the long-term usability of a phone.

Other than that I agree to the whole right to repair statement, but Apple is known for this kinda stuff. I love the ecosystem based functions of apple and the only product I genuinely hate from them is their crappy magic mouse (Seriously who thought a touchscreen mouse was a good idea?)

hapi The special relationship exists for a reason

On topic, and I know i'm a bit late, but do you feel like finally being 18 has made an impact on you? As in do you feel excited or like even more opportunities are opening up or is it just a "Meh." moment?

IMO the main issue with a Skyblock server is that we have no guarantee it will even help with playcounts. Skyblock is so wide spread that it's gotten to a point where it's a competition to make a good Skyblock server and TF is non-profit with no donations at all so it's gonna struggle heavily to compete with the Skyblock servers that are already doing well and have bigger budgets with more features and resources.

Like Video said, there isn't much unique you can do with Skyblock and we already have a somewhat unique idea with our main server. I actually love the idea of the 3 levels Video proposed. It could solve so many debates we have between TF becoming too modern or going away from Free-OP. Like Ryan said the second mode is more like freedom-02 so I'm thinking we also add in some more permissions (like in the past people could spawn in entities, drop items, use &k and &0, stuff like that). Things would still be moderated obviously and i'm assuming most staff would occupy this mode since the main is almost entirely self-moderated (with the rare griefer or troll onlt needing one admin) and the anarchy would be... well basically 2b2t but on steroids (personally suggest adding automatic unbans in case we give them true OP permissions).

Suggestion aside if this wasn't laggy af and exploitable it could be used for some neat looking miniature city models.

I just hope we dont ban maps as a whole because of this shit. As far as I can tell from the video Panther linked it's a rendering and NBT based exploit, so if either problem gets fixed we can avoid this exploit (and hopefully Mojang also fixes it since these maps coming to TF is proof they can affect any server where a user can access saved hotbars).

Tizz highly agree with this. I've mentioned it earlier but from a business perspective we could just offer a OP similar experience and market it as OP cause it's not any different and essentially what companies and businesses already do (Yes, I know the immorality of it, but it's still technically not fully dishonest).

At the end of the day the experience for the average player is the same and a crap ton of plugins ands commands are blocked because we can't code efficient ways to deal with exploits, so if this helps, I'm fully on board. Honestly anything that just helps with code related stuff in general should be taken into heavy consideration since the server remained really static code wise for the majority of it's life and mostly just build on top of TFM that, from what's been made clear numerous times, has tons of compatibility issues.

Theres also the idea that the "Free OP" hasn't done much for the server in terms of branding. This is mostly opinionated and based on how in felt when I joined back in 2015, but I saw tons of servers that looked more appealing to me that didn't have a Free OP plastered on them. Only stuck with TF cause I liked the idea of a small close-knit community. Basically to me the Free OP tagline probably gives off an impression similar to 2b2t, which is definitely what I thought when I first typed in the IP.

Ivan The "Blame Mojang and Microsoft for compatibility and bugs" is something I'm split on. I get where you all are coming from and it's a fucking hassle to get stuff working when a company impedes progress but again at the end of the day it's not their job to support 3rd party plugins and software. Plus changes are going to be necessary and I don't think we should avoid overhauls like the plague. You should know how many brands go through product overhauls.

I get it, people wanna stay true to the whole freedom and true OP experience, I really do get it. I was like that too. But TF is definitely going to suffer down the line with that approach because whether we like it or not the server is one day going to have to survive via marketing strategies and work arounds like this.

volleo6144 Getting Optifine boosts that up to 100-200 (sometimes 200+ depending on terrain) fps with all settings to max (Excluding render distance, normally set to around 15 for these results).

Going off what people rated their own specs I'd say fast, but not near the peak where it's close to extremely powerful.