Posts by Chicnnuggies

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

@StevenNL2000#13286 Then we need to get the ball rolling on that so that we are not in a state of limbo. The conduct policy states that the rules are up to the interpretation of the Owner, so I'd like to call upon wild1145 to weigh in on this and how that exhaustive list of words should be created, or if what Steven has said is even necessary in regards to the r-slur or any others mentioned in this thread.

I've already talked a bit with elmon about this, who has already passed this on to the AO team, but this needs to be brought up to you all as well for transparency and awareness sake.

In the wake of Ivan's indefinite suspension, another conversation about administrative conflict of interest is more prevalent than ever.

Section 3j of the conduct policy states:

Discriminatory jokes, slurs or hate speech (attacks on an individual or group based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or disabilities)

The Special Olympics, this article, and the Spread the Word campaign all identify the "r" slur, which I will not repeat here, as a slur and how it is used to attack someone based on intellectual or physical disability. This word is, in fact, against our conduct policy. The fact that this word has been perpetuated and normalized in our community by our admins is unacceptable and should not be tolerated. kotaro2009 on the server made a great point to me today - we punish users for saying the word, yet don't stop saying the word ourselves as admins, which should not be the norm. The truth is that word is a discriminatory word that has no place on our server and in our community. It is already disallowed as per our own conduct policy, and we have admins trying to defend their use of the word trying to claim it isn't in our conduct policy.

The bottom line here is simple - if we can't put out a uniform enforcement of our policies as they are and as all admins are expected to have memorized, mind you, then there's no way to be taken seriously and run the server the way it's meant to be run. I urge you to please watch your language when it comes to this word. It takes so little time to do and you can still get your point across without using it. I promise.

Hello, everyone. This is Connor (You may know me as Robolawrence, but you can call me Connor!). I am re-applying to join the admin team again after a 3-ish year hiatus. I have addressed my mental health and am in a much better place now than I was all that time ago. I’ve taken that time to reflect on what I could do better to be a more effective staff member, and how I could encourage other admins to do the same. I will be applying for my rank as senior admin.

1. Your Minecraft name: ConnorLaw37. Previous usernames include Robolawrence and Connlawrence.
    2. Are you using the same forum & Minecraft account that you used when you were a staff member in the past? (Yes or No). If no, state all former account names and be prepared to verify that you're not an imposter. My Minecraft account is the same UUID as it was previously. My forum account is new given the switch from ProBoards.
    3. What rank were you (Administrator, Senior Admin) and the approx dates you were a staff member: (e.g. super admin from Jun 2010 - Jan 2013) Super Admin from September 2012 to December 2013 – Senior admin from then on to late 2017, early 2018.
    4. Why were you removed from your staff position? (Answer one below and exclude the rest)
      a. For long term inactivity? (Yes or No) If Yes, did you post an inactivity notice or did you leave without notice - please explain if no notice was left. This is the most accurate.
    5. If you are reinstated, how often will you be able to do staff duties? Part time – up to 20 hours per week.
    6. Have you reviewed the server rules and banning protocols to ensure you're up to speed on any changes that might have occurred since your return from inactivity? I have. I'm also more than willing to go through a training period to learn more about things like server plugins, this forum and its workings, along with the main totalfreedom website and other backend software.
    7. Do you have a family member that's been on the perm ban list within the past 60 days? If yes, your request will be denied with the exception of the allowance in rule 18 of https://totalfreedom.boards.net/thread/3...cklist-nov I do not.