Posts by erin

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

You! all admins are asked to make sure our accounts are secure.

Other admins also have tools in order to deal with possible rogues like saconfig remove etc.

And as you said, the chances are very low of an account getting breached. They are even lower that the person who hacked the account knows they're staff on a Minecraft server.

characterslimits very mature.

characterslimits so... Let me get this straight. You're expecting our development team to enable spawn eggs and then spend a substantial amount of time trying to patch out as many exploits as they can think of.

And then when.. and I mean when, not if, a bypass is found and abused that crashes the server or players every time it's used, these developers have to spend a further and substantial amount of time working out how it was bypassed and then patching over that bypass which will last until the next bypass.

Rinse and repeat.

And all of this work needs to be done while the devs already have a significant backlog of suggestions and fixes to implement which will actually improve the server.

UnderTails /spawnmob can crash the server with entities easier

Ok so I might be talking out of my ass here but as far as I'm concerned the issue with spawn eggs is not the amount of mobs that can be spawned but rather the data in which they can contain. It's long patched but Wurst client has a server creeper which did just that - crashed the server with eggs.

It's also far easier to spam mobs with dispensers etc.

There are other better methods to crash with eggs now, at least I think there are.

I'm not against enabling vanilla features but the server crashes enough on its own without adding to that and /spawnmob works fine.

They haven't been blocked just for the sake of blocking them, iirc they've been blocked because they can spawn mobs contain server crashing levels of NBT data. I may be wrong here, but that's why they're blocked.

It's a no for now.

I believe elmon confirmed that they are who they are - the only real suspicious account was toptrap but the IPs didn't match. It's most likely him telling his friends to sign up and vouch for his appeal rather than him making extra accounts.

RedEastWood oflag This user joined 8 hours ago

toptrap This user joined 10 hours ago

plantanoid This user joined 11 hours ago

Oflag joined in February but their in game username is IndexERR and @"Fleek"#188 confirmed to me that they were a member of thesense

Planatoid was also a member of thesense and
    someonee Zene is very close to iirc

I have absolutely no idea who toptrap is. No previous usernames of thesense members have ever went by that name or any name close to that. The person with that exact name has never logged into totalfreedom either.

Captainclimber hold on here

Okay so while I don't mind you vouching due to him being apologetic and airing on the side of being nice

This

Captainclimber You were banned for generally minor stuff

Is honestly false. He placed 500 minecarts while invisible disguised. He let me (as a new and inexperienced admin) panic and try to work out what the source of the lag was. The TPS dropped to 4. That alone is indefinitely bannable. Not counting the fact he went to freedom-02 right after his ban to do the same thing. And not counting the 10+ bans for griefing in around a month of being on the server.

I understand a vouch considering a lot of factors, but nobody gets indef banned for something minor.

toptrap

plantanoid

Neither of your votes here are valid, you're both members of his guild and and created your accounts the same time you posted.

plantanoid Vouch. I was planning on going neutral/object

Also this is quite funny considering you two seem to be very close friends. Obviously trying to make your vote seem legit.

toptrap that it will never happen again

You can't make any guarantees about another person. Chances are you only know each other through a block game and maybe talking on discord as well. I couldn't predict my own parents behaviour and they're the same for me so how can you be so sure that a friend will never fuck up again?

Object. I find the appeal confusing. The first section is you claiming you're not responsible enough to be banned, but you then take responsibility with an apology?

Maybe I'm missing something, but this section

Lexile I should be unbanned because most of the things I was banned for were not true or misspoken.

Is the one in which you claim you should be unbanned as you feel your ban was false and you feel you abided by the rules enough to avoid a ban.

But then you go onto apologise for the ban...

Lexile Finally I do apologies for my actions and I promise I wont do it again.

If you feel you were unfairly banned then why are you apologising for what you did? Why are you promising not to do what you did again when you spent a paragraph explaining why what you did wasnt enough to warrant a ban?

The apology seems manufactured, as if you just tossed it in at the end half assed.