Posts by Allink

ive been on holiday for 2 weeks abroad, with no access to a computer. allink claims ive been "inactive" when in reality ive just been abroad

My apologies, I did not know you were on holiday. It should be noted that the two are practically identical if you're unaware that the person is abroad. I hope you enjoy it.

and then used this to further claim my suspension was justified

No, I personally think your suspension was in-fact justified because I don't believe you mature enough to fulfill the role of senior administrator. It initially had nothing to do with the perceived inactivity, that's simply the icing on the cake. But that cake can still be eaten without the icing. Either way, that's not the point of this thread.

allink was also involved with the incident a couple weeks back with the botnet incident.

My involvement did not go past providing my IP per the request of maniaplay.

Vouch, I think we should have more variety in the forum themes. I also trust in your skills as a theme designer. Would be nice if you could remove the useless padding on the sides in a theme, also, but I'm not entirely sure if that is possible and that's more of a personal annoyance of mine with how the site currently looks.

I can't particularly vouch on the efficacy of the old ProBoard themes, considering I wasn't around to experience (nor do I want to have been, quite honestly) them, however I think more variety in that department would be good, considering everyone has a different opinion on what looks best. It'd be nice to have something of everything.

Vouch, as shown in the application, EnZa is a skilled Java developer. From my interactions with him as a good friend, he has shown himself time and time again to know exactly what he's talking about. He would be a natural fit on the developer team.

As Quack has outlined in his response, I don't particularly find reason to continue the discussion around the dirt bank incident on the forums. If Quack indeed thinks that there are things that need tying up, I encourage him to DM me on Discord so we can clear up anything unresolved. My apologies to Quack if my responses have brought up any uncomfortable memories surrounding my behaviour.

How do we know you’ll use proper judgement if you don’t agree with the basics?

How do we trust you’ll fulfil your duties if you see this occurring on the server?

I don't think that there is any way for you to trust that I would fulfil my duties if I saw something that was punishable by a currently-accepted interpretation of a rule/guideline that I don't agree with or that I will exercise proper judgement in those situations, besides for you to trust what I'm about to say. If you don't trust what I say, then I won't blame you for objecting precisely for that reason and/or you not trusting my ability to fulfil my administrative responsibilities. If you do trust what I say, then I will ban players for violations of the currently accepted (interpretations of) guideline(s)/rule(s), even if I disagree with them. In a possible position of administrator I hope to incite change with the currently accepted interpretations of rules that I disagree with and/or currently accepted procedures. I will not be wilfully ignorant if my friends decide to break the guidelines. I would ban them just as any admin would.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, can you please define what exactly you mean by the "basics"? I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to here, because from what I gather it could be lots of things. I've tried to word my response as best I can operating on my best guess.

In some recent cases it’s been more than proved a rule is broken yet you seemingly disagree for whatever reason?

I think this question is in reference to my comments around how uvb joining the server after he was removed from the indefinite ban list by accident while his appeal was still open was considered ban evasion. I think this is a rhetorical question considering that it's true, but if I'm wrong, feel free to correct my categorisation.

You left A LOT out. As you've been building it, I told you "gay sex what the hell is this" you had replied that it was a dirt bank. I then said you should remove it because I don't want it here but you politely refused and sent yourself back to building it again. I had to then bring an admin into the question (I wasn't admin at the time) because you kept building it after I told you "this is private land, please don't build here" and you said "but it's public land!! i gotta build here" so then the admin kept telling you to leave, you then left after the 3rd time the admin told you to.

My apologies for leaving out a bunch of stuff here, I had honestly forgotten all but the most (in my opinion) important details regarding the incident. I do feel like you're paraphrasing some of what was said here, but nonetheless thank you for clarifying the details that I had missed out on my initial response.

This is fairly recent and you appear to have changed a bit, but I still would give it time given how absolutely recent this is and how impulsive your behavior was. I need to clarify, I do not care about this incident anymore but I feel it needs to be discussed in an important subject like an admin application.

Once again, I'd like to point out how clueless I was around the rules around contributing to city build projects. I've never really been much of a builder, and this was (going to be) one of my first actually serious building projects. Given how clueless I was, I mistakenly believed that you were unfairly denying my right to build in what was, in my eyes, an empty plot of land. I don't think it was unreasonable for me to get slightly defensive in that situation, which was further fuelled by my belief that city build projects should be open to all who want to contribute, but you're right and I do agree that my behaviour in that specific situation was impulsive, incorrect and unwarranted.

you refused to leave given it was on my land and you still wanted to build your dirt bank

I had thought that this incident was settled, however it clearly isn't considering you've mentioned it in my admin application, so I will clarify my side of the story here - A few months ago, me and Quack disagreed about my construction of a dirt bank of what (was to me) empty land that bordered one of his builds. I admit that I was in the wrong with my decision to insist on building this dirt bank, however I would like to point out that the entire concept of building in player-managed cities was to me at the time, a completely new concept. I had no idea about what I should do in order to gain clearance to place my build, or that just starting to build there was in any way a wrong thing. Perhaps there should've been a ratified policy around acceptable city building conduct so I wasn't so confused and so adamant on building my dirt bank. I would also like to point out that I eventually backed off from building my dirt bank. I apologize to all I hurt with my blatant misconduct surrounding my dirt bank.

Allink is part of a friend group sphere that I believe is gaining too much influence in the community, which could turn problematic very quickly as history has shown time and time again.

due to his history and his connections to certain players

I think I'd do well to address Video's completely valid point here, because as a relatively new player I was not keenly aware about the long history of systemic corruption on TF, and its relation to groups of friends. I'm not quite sure how much my personal guarantee will matter here, considering the nature of what Video implied being closely tied to the act of lying, but I will not be one to repeat this negative stigma around groups of friends. I truly believe I have the capability to complete my responsibilities as administrator in an equal manner regardless of if my friends are the ones in trouble.

Vouch. I don't think this "Senior Admin window" system was a good idea in the first place, considering administrators may understandably take a few months away from TF for whatever reasons they may have, thus completely missing the application window if they met the pre-requisites already, as you've outlined in this thread.

I don't find why having more Senior Admins is a bad thing for the server. All I see the rank doing is giving battle-worn administrators the ability to fulfill their role more effectively, as would any permission increase. It's not as if abolishing the current system will exactly "open the floodgates", as Video states in his objection to the original suggestion, since all the current system does is act as a delay in the way of Admins who want to become Senior Admins. All the current system does is delay the promotion of Admins to Senior Admins, it does not act as an effective filter for any possible low-quality applicants.

All in all, I can't possibly fathom any way abolishing the current window system having any sort of negative bearing on the effective completion of administrative duties. If anything, it would be a positive change, as abolishing the window system, as I said in my first paragraph, gives experienced Admins tools to be even more effective in their roles.

this whole thing lowkey stinks. we have people like __veast appearing out of nowhere to vote and challenging anyone that objects or questions what’s going on, we got Allink doing the same with voting which really raises suspicion on my end for what the actual purpose is

I vote on pretty much everything that is able to be voted upon on the server. I don't "appear out of nowhere", but I agree with your point on how Audlo seems to.

my proof isn’t anything solid but i don’t believe it has to be. audlo, otherwise known as __veast, was banned for the exact same thing as Ginlang which proves to me some form of association. i’m also in my mind linking Allink to this given their association with a mod called DeviousMod

DeviousMod is merely a mod for Kaboom. If you can't guess, Kaboom is also how we initially met eachother. The only reason it's mentioned in any relation to TotalFreedom is because there are some overlaps in the functionality (i.e. the patches for crash & some kick exploits). If any TotalFreedom administrator (or developer for that matter) wants to audit the code of DeviousMod in order to verify my point, feel free to browse the repo here.

it’s one thing to be a part of a friend group that’s doing this - that’s completely understandable and shouldn’t deserve an objection but its another to pretend as if this group doesn’t exist, that just raises alarm bells for me

There hasn't been any attempt to hide the fact that we're all in the same friend group, and any quick glance at our "Mutual Friends" on Discord can confirm this fact. We are. I apologize if you have misinterpreted me and Audlo 's replies to your post as anything of serious substance. It's a joke on Kaboom to feign ignorance about DeviousMod. I can only guess to what "testplay" is supposed to refer to (i.e. our friend group), considering it seems to be a mix between Luna's Minecraft username (maniaplay) and her username on the forums (test) and our obvious involvement with her as a member of our friend group.

You've somehow managed to leave me with more questions than answers here. what exactly is their "initiative", and who exactly is this "group of people"? Before you mentioned it in this forum post, I had never heard "testplay" ever uttered before, let alone in relation to TotalFreedom...

I believe Ashaz is referring to some group (might be named testplay might not) that you’re a part of. This would also include Ginlang and Audlo.

You also cannot convince me this is false lol whether your intents are delightfully devilish or 100% pure the matter stands that it probably exists

Not sure what you're talking about here, officer.

What does this even mean

we all know what it means, the same group of people behind similar accounts with the same initiative

just no one can be bothered enough to deal with it

ginlang: vouch for your unban. you were an asset to the server before tbh

You've somehow managed to leave me with more questions than answers here. what exactly is their "initiative", and who exactly is this "group of people"? Before you mentioned it in this forum post, I had never heard "testplay" ever uttered before, let alone in relation to TotalFreedom...