Posts by rrnu

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

Because out of those thousands out there, I don't think there's another that does Creative/FreeBuild anywhere near as good as TF. So many servers label themselves such, but just have plots, and/or lock flat worlds behind ranks, paywalls or applications. Then the couple that DO have a freebuild flat world have tons of rules and restrictions, and while they're understandable, it's still annoying.

Add to that the great community TF has, and that's why I'm here.

As for other gamemodes, Prison is braindead, Minigames are mostly PvP which I suck at, ditto for Factions, and not only are SMPs a dime a dozen, but they get boring pretty quick. Which pretty much leaves Creative, which circles back to finding a decent Creative server, which leaves TF the last one standing.

If only new people saw this server as more than a place to grief and never return, it'd be much more popular. If it got the attention of a large youtube creator somehow, it'd give people much more incentive to stay.

Total Freedom is, or at least was, the hub for item creation. Generally, it's also a great place to find the weirdest things you can do in Minecraft, due to quite the diverse and knowledgeable community. Not many other servers can provide this.

It's servers like these where you find the brightest minds. I wish I was like them, and it makes me feel left out that I'm not. At least there's other things I'm good at though. I'd still love to be cracked at technical stuff like coding, I don't know what's holding me back.

Luckily I don't play on any servers that prevent unsecure chat messages.

Also literally the only thing they said in that tweet was that they will crack down on people who abuse the system. That's all they've talked about at all.

You're really comparing this to McDonald's? It's not the corporation's fault that an employee made a mistake. Mojang is in on all this.

Yes I know Twitter is the worst place to speak up, but it's still a place to get your voice heard. I don't condone the rude behavior either.

Mojang already did a half-assed job on 1.19, and our expectations were too high. All that time since the update was announced, and we got a MILD update that really didn't add to the ambience of Minecraft all that much. To double-down and add something most of us DON'T like feels like a big middle finger and a slap in the face to the community. Now I understand that they can't do everything we ask for, but the fact that they're pulling all of the wrong cards lately has shown their incompetence lately.

It's not the fact that they added chat reporting, it's the fact that we're being moderated by MicroShit. They probably know more about us than we know about ourselves at this point.

Maybe if there was an option for server owners to opt-out of this, then it wouldn't be so bad. If server staff are being shitty, then just don't play on that server. Problem solved.

While I'm in the mood to rant, let's talk about them silently removing the Technoblade pig from the launcher. I've never watched his videos personally, but he was loved by tens of millions of people, if not hundreds. Mojang had added a Technoblade easter egg to the launcher, and then removed it quietly once people stopped talking about it. If they would've said "Hey, we are removing the easter egg from the launcher. This does not mean we don't care, and Technoblade will live on in our hearts." they would get much less backlash. It really seems like they were in it for the publicity the whole time.

All in all, I really don't want to have a bad opinion of Mojang. They made a game that's played a huge role in so many of our childhoods, built friendships, inspired others, created memories, and changed gaming forever. However, they're really pissing off everyone lately, and I don't see the game lasting another 5 years until they learn not to over-promise and under-deliver. Minecraft is not just a kids game, the adults that play too don't need to be treated like fucking children.

It's not even the fact that they won't remove chat reporting. It's the fact that Mojang refuses to clarify anything. They won't talk about it on any social platforms, so many of us feel left in the dark. I personally don't care about the feature, since I have No Chat Reports mod anyways. It's the fact that Mojang is refusing to acknowledge anything, and they're straight up ignoring everyone.

I found what looked to be an unused spawn region not too far from our current spawn. I decided to build around it. Does anyone know who built this? I wanna give them credit where credit is due. Core-protect doesn't recognize it anymore, it's been that long.

EDIT: White corner building made by Dr_Fools

(you were a great builder, why did you have to go rogue)

y7mfdqH.pngDOYD8m5.pngcU5jtpc.png