Posts by Beta_Alpha

Beta_Alpha Just add an age requirement for multiplayer at this point. I'm pretty sure it isn't legal to let children under a certain age without use online services in most countries.

Well, actually the clause usually is "without parental supervision", but how are you enforcing it on a videogame?

We've pretty much done nothing about it because lazy parents used the internet to shut their kids up, and we just accepted that until it was too late.

We saw in the past that youtube suffered for exactly what you mentioned in the first paragraph and that lead to every content creator taking a bullet for their stupidity of not enforcing anything strict before, now Microsoft wants to avoid that huge lawsuit by implementing the required changes before they get it.

We either have the government grow a braincell or two and realise the PARENTS who let their kids use the internet unsupervised and then get into seeing some shit are responsible for child endangerment and neglect. But that will never happen because "OH NOOOO! BIG COMPANY BAD!!!". I don't fully blame companies for decisions like these, I blame the causes or circumstances more than anything.

As a developer I sure as hell don't want anything to do with Bedrock. They don't even have official native Linux or Mac OS, and the only option is to emulate the app on the respective mobile platform for the unsupported OS (Android for Linux and iOS app sideloading for MacOS). These "workarounds" don't work most of the time either. There's an annoying issue with an unofficial Bedrock Launcher for Linux where all textures are offset by 1.

Java will always be superior to Bedrock, at least for me.

Exactly why Java will be the last remaining version of the game and bedrock will die out faster and completely.

Short explanation on why the distance's uncapped: you're OP and EssentialsX treats you as such. Either someone wastes time to edit, recompile and test a new build of the plugin to make sure each one of the tons of commands play well with TFM, or we switch to permission nodes.

Legit was said long ago that we should switch to permission nodes but lots of people lost their heads over it because "It's not actually free OP!!!"

Yeah. Neither is having half of all the commands on the server blocked.

To be honest, I agree with not seeing the game last another 5 years, but it's for a different reason entirely. Have you seen the absolute state of the Minecraft Server and Client's codebase? It's absolutely fucking torturous to have to work with and run. I think development will eventually crawl to a snail's pace due to the absolute state it's in.

I wouldn't say it'll die, more like dwindle in popularity to the point it's fan-games are more popular.

Minecraft only surpassed the 200M sales threshold and beat Tetris as the most sold game of all time for 2 reasons; It's very multi-platform and it had a recent resurgence as of late. Tetris is the same deal: ported from console to console to add to it's overall sales and it's one of the most classic and popular puzzle games of all time, the kind that don't die due to staying relevant over the generations.

Essentially Minecraft as a concept will live on very well, but the main game won't be much more than Gmod: a not-too-big but very dedicated community that just like to mess around with a game. Once popular servers also shut down (which they've already started by moving to bedrock, some shutting down the java versions), there won't be much to do besides joining smaller community driven servers.

Also would like to state Bedrock edition sadly will outlive Java's popularity solely due to it's format of cross-play and easy access via a mobile phone, but once Bedrock dies out, it actually dies and not in the way that Java will "die" by becoming small and community driven.

I'd also like to mention Microsoft pushing out Minecraft spin-offs as a desperate attempt to keep relevance and draw in more wider markets to their product. Just look at the news for these to see how well it's been working out for them. As for sales, the numbers are surprisingly low for a game that boasts a fifth of a billion sales. I'd expect more personally, but at least it shows the strategy of multiple spin-offs won't work.

How do I make this clear enough without people spewing the same thing over and over?

We share a lot of potentially sensitive info as evidence in ban requests. IP addresses are probably the least important of those.

Agreed, but a public thread that includes a detailed explanation minus any information about the individual (IP, names, accounts, etc.) is probably the best solution. It's work, yeah, but people want transparency so to keep 'em happy there's gonna be some work involved.

I personally think we should just be public with reasoning.

I also think that if there is an IBR open for a certain user, they should have the right to see the entire thread and the evidence against them.

This is probably the best temporary quick-fox since if anyone has any questions about a ban they can ask the person banned, who would have been given direct screenshots regarding the thread that they may show to people (if they edit it that's on them and an admin can easily debunk it).

Oh yes, because companies HAVE to follow something that the creator said 11 years ago. Besides, it could be argued that the EULA was breaking this promise due to creating rules on minecraft servers, but no one really said that. How come?

The whole reason Minecraft is in Microsoft's hands is because the community lost their shit over the EULA that inhibited selling game mechanics or items for irl money, so you're wrong about this. People DID say a lot, and it was enough to make Notch go "yeah, fuck this".

Minecraft's community has had a history of going ape-shit at the smallest sign of Mojang trying to screw them over, or just going Thanos end-credits scene style and doing it themselves when they don't add features they wanna see.

That should push through really well for most workloads, don't consider an upgrade for maybe another 2 years at most I'd say, these specs should keep you going until then. Laptops have an added bonus that since their batteries are much larger than phone's the overtime battery quality drop is much less noticeable. You could in theory keep using your laptop for another 3-4 years without any big issues or huge drops in battery life so long as you manage it well, but you would at that point lag behind in specs. Not a major issue if your workload doesn't change much, but certainly something for future you to think about.

After a heckin' long time of considering, I'm sticking with my current 2 year old model that still holds up well + buy a good external SSD instead to store my other programs. This alongside other inputs really helped, so thanks a ton!

Like I said, the GTX 1650 is great from personal experience so you shouldn't have any issues with it. I checked the specs on your laptop model and it seems to come with 16 GB ram which should work fine in mostly all cases. However, if possible, you may wanna upgrade your CPU to an i7. it's a bit harder on laptops than it is on a custom build PC, but possible if you're up to it.

It would probably be cheaper, but I have plenty of those already and I'd rather find some use for the wireless controllers I have and be able to use those when going on trips.

Just stick to a wired then and pawn off the wireless ones (if you really have no use for them)?

I used a wired one and it works alright and is much more convenient since i dont need to keep any batteries, nor does it disconnect.