Posts by img

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

Vouch and confirm witness

You respond well to generic criticism but badly to specifics. Youre a delight to be around and you get along well with everyone. I love your passion for building and your pride in everything you make. I see your potential and I want the MB team to nurture your interest, so I vouch!!!!!

I dont like that your style so far is detailed for the sake of being detailed. Its actually quite thoughtless but I know you already have the intuition and skill to do it right the first time. Ya just lazy πŸ™„πŸ˜‹

Because you keep getting accused of griefing, I suggest that you leave spawn cleanup to the admins. Admins get more slack if they accidentally grief doing that. I understand it's frustrating to be banned for minor grief you barely recall.

From an admin's perspective, we are concerned that your carelessness is ruining others' fun. We want peace and do not want to ban anyone. For your sake, please play it safe for a while. I would like to see you enjoy your time here and feel welcome, not banned long term

If you missed the tips at the bottom of my first post, check it out, there's some good stuff in there!!

This post is a refresher on color theory. I wrote this to refer back to it later.

In the RGB model, colors are a combination of hue, saturation, and value

Hue is the base pigment or wavelength: csTQB5J.png

Saturation is the depth of the pigment: Qq5ckLp.png

Value is the relative lightness or darkness: fBadGP6.png

Tints are when you add white to a color, tones are when you add gray, and shades are when you add black

Color harmonies such as the monochromatic, complementary, and triadic color schemes give us a better idea of how colors can work together. The harmonies reach their full potential when you factor in saturation and value. You can get a better feel for them by playing around with this:

https://color.adobe.com/create/color-wheel

Color harmonies help inform our use of palettes. You can create your own with the color wheel above, or explore some below:

Color Palettes for Designers and Artists - Color Hunt
    Discover the newest hand-picked color palettes of Color Hunt. Get color inspiration for your design and art projects.
    colorhunt.co
    Palettes Color Palettes - Coolors
    Get inspired by thousands of beautiful color schemes and make something cool!
    coolors.co

But we're not done yet. Once you find yourself a banger palette in RGB, you can turn it into a text gradient... or even a block palette!!

Text gradients (for nicknames, signs, MOTD, MiniMessage, etc):

Lucid's RGB Gradient Generator for MC

RGB Gradient Creator

Block palettes - including multiple block options, and even suitable decoration blocks:

Block Colors | blockcolors.app
    Quickly find what Minecraft blocks match a certain color. Create a build palette on Block Colors and share directly with friends.
    blockcolors.app

If you don't have a talent for it yet, the block palette tool helps you identify blocks with similar colors, which aids in creating more natural gradients and, assuming you use them right, avoiding randomization. You unlock a world of possibilities when you start thinking about blocks purely in terms of their colors rather than what they're supposed to represent. I encourage you to experiment with the decoration blocks as well to add texture!!

Next, I would like to talk about accent colors. The snobs that design real-life houses for a living have a tip called the 60-30-10 rule. The point is to maintain the balance in a space by following a ratio for your use of colors and/or patterns. Consider roughly three colors.

60% of the space gets taken up by your main color: typically the walls and floors.

30% of the space can be another color, typically contrasting in some way. This shows up on accent chairs, curtains, furniture, and feature walls.

10% of the space, give or take, is composed of your accent color(s), which shows up in cushions, lampshades, artwork, plants, or other decorations.

Check out this sick-ass room:

L9GysxXvZv4HNH3NigDm5j-768-80.jpg.webp

The composition of the photo flips it around, but most of the room is white. Probably, anyway. Contrast that with our 60% color, black. The yellow sofa and table frame complement the analogous blue accents. The blue only pops so well because of the sparse use of color otherwise, and the layout of the room ensures the light catches the accents favorably.

But hold the phone, either that's at least four main colors or I've lost my god damn mind.

To use more colors without disrupting the balance, start small, and use color harmonies as accent colors. Hear me out:

LVBUogUaCLomNyxa9PseSK-1024-80.jpg

This space is mostly made up of white and off-white. We can use tints, tones, and shades without disrupting the balance because it's essentially adjusting a value slider. And our accent colors, introduced in small doses, follow an analogous color scheme: pink and blue.

When working with only two colors, try 70:30. Between the accent colors in this photo, we can see that in action

We are talking about interior design right now, but these concepts are transferable to buildings, terrain with flora, and organics, among other things.

More examples

Display Spoiler

tbr2EVUQMA6eN4EeoHcTRa-768-80.jpg.webp

60-30_rule.jpeg

RoseStudioInteriorsbyCarlaChoyPhotography-992365b8879e4f9db7af7ba954cf8bdd.jpg

3aweyD6.jpg

fbcea8145696635.62a2aa0b7c5ab.png

bc8e2e131320839.6192de21be14e.png

Lastly, I’ll talk about biomes.

Besides gameplay mechanics, biomes define the appearance of all enclosed grass, plants, water, fog, and the sky.

Remember, my friends: Swamps are atrocious, and their only redeeming characteristic is the fact that blue orchids appear there!!

End biomes have a dark sky. Jungles and mushroom islands have gorgeous green grass. Soul sand valleys have an eerie blue fog. Nether wastes have a red fog. When you mix the last two in close proximity you get a pink sky. The pale blue water of a warm ocean may evoke different feelings from the rich blue of a deep frozen ocean.

O1uxOay.jpg

You may or may not notice, but warmer biomes have brighter skies, and colder biomes have slightly purplish skies.

Sky color from left to right: warm, temperate, cold, snowy

Sky_temperature.png

If you are at liberty to add a datapack to your gameplay environment, you can recolor your grass, plants, fog, and sky to any color hex you'd like. Bukkit currently lacks a biome API to allow us to create and change custom biomes on the fly, otherwise we'd have plugins to do that already.

Now that TF has closed, I hope this thread remains helpful as a reference for your future projects elsewhere. Have fun building!

Have you first read the pre-application checklist (Click Here) and do you meet all the requirements and agree to all the standards within that checklist? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.

Yes, I have, and I do!!

What is your Minecraft name and time zone where you normally are online? (e.g. GMT+1:00 or MST). - Your Minecraft name must match your forum name or your Minecraft name must be in your forum profile.

afterimg, Mountain Time (currently MDT or UTC-6:00)

What date did you first join the Total Freedom forum? (MM/DD/YY). - Required 1 month forum registration.

January 15, 2023

Do you have a discord account? If yes, post your username#discriminator here. (Not required, but highly suggested).

illusion#9010

What describes you best? Choose student, employed, unemployed, or retired.

I am a student!!

Do have any skills such as artistic design, coding, computer security, etc? If Yes, provide detail.

Im a confident builder with Mentally Unstable, call me Pink Feueristic

How often can you be on the server to perform administrative duties? State either daily, several times a week, once or twice a week, or less than once a week. We realize that school or work will prevent constant service.

I can be on a couple times a week!!

Names of admins that have recommended you? (Must pm admin(s) to confirm recommendation.)

I have no recommendations yet. Maybe you can change that!! Here's the thread:

totalfreedom.me/forum/thread/5220/

Do you have a family member or friend that shares your Minecraft account or a Minecraft playing family member with their own Minecraft account who might use our server or forum? (Yes or No). If so, are they presently an admin on Total Freedom? (Yes or No).

No

What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good admin? (Answer with a short paragraph).

Im super approachable, friendly, and I love making myself useful!! I want to be able to offer assistance for all the things people have been needing when no admins are willing to come by. I hope when summer rolls around I wont be needed as much, but right now player counts are low, and active admins are few and far between!!!

About moderating, I promise to always try to understand the situation first, and when I fail at that for any reason, I promise I wont respond with ego and I will try to hear you out. Im excited to learn from anyone more experienced at this thing!! I will never drink or smoke while moderating but I think I would still make a lit admin πŸ˜‹

In my personal life, I joined this one campus club last month, and a week ago they elected me as their new community manager. At our first kickback, right after our first meeting, I won over the room in a couple of hours. I made several meaningful friendships that evening and I made people comfortable with seeking advice and being vulnerable. At some point, I was reminded of how this mirrored my experience so far on TotalFreedom, and it was then I knew my honeymoon phase with TF was over, and that I'm super heckin ready to be less active here, and that I would rock this admin thing if I had the chance

What continent do you live on? (e.g. N. America, Europe, Asia, Australia/Oceania).

North America

Can you handle being an admin without it negatively affecting your school grades, work, family, real life, etc? (Yes or No). If no, your application will be instantly denied.

Yeah bring it on!!!

Have you read and understood the note(s) below? (Yes or no).

Yes

Are your accounts secure? Meaning are your passwords strong, not easily brute-forced, and not used across multiple websites?

Yeah chief I got a good password manager and MFA everywhere