Posts by Kadalyst

Object.

Personally the only thing I see going for you is Playtime, and even then I agree with Luke. Not only are you on TF too much, but I'd also like to add that a lot of that is AFK or semi-AFK.

Playtime aside, I can't think of anything you've done that really highlights you as a solid choice for Admin.

i'm pretty sure COPPA was intended to protect children's privacy and not just "ban all 13+ content from the internet".

I did forget about that, but in many cases the result has been less about privacy. I used COPPA/MC Reporting as general examples.

i've flown in random directions on the server and encountered NSFW map art among other things, what's to stop Little Timmy from discovering something like that on his own? i don't think Timmy should be exposed to NSFW on a game with a playerbase of mainly minors, even "unintentionally"...

Fair enough.

Contrary to most above opinions, I take the first option: "It should be allowed if it's not being publicly spread, not being intentionally shown to minors, and not near the current spawnpoint".

This is a freedom server, so while no we should not let NSFW run rampant nor make it common, I see nothing wrong with it quietly existing out of sight.

i mean if we sanction people for ERP 'n shit i believe in the interest of consistency this sort of stuff should also be prohibited...

This is a good point, but when is this server consistent? Also, I (perhaps mistakenly) believed sanctions for that were less to do with the NSFW itself and more the public nature of it.

It is also important to consider that this is a server of which children play... ...I view it a moral responsibility that we protect them.

Likely not the best way to put my response, but still: This is similar thinking to the bullshit that resulted in things like COPPA and Minecraft's Chat Reporting system. "Little Timmy might be accidentally exposed to something, so we must remove all of it from everywhere!".

Yes minors play here. No they should not be intentionally exposed to NSFW. That does not mean there is a need to ban every bit of it from the server entirely, at least not in the name of their protection.

...it is common sense to not allow nsfw content on a minecraft server, let alone one thats supposed to attract people not turn them on

Also fairly good points, but still debatable.

I am living in your walls.

You may be concerned about this. In case you are, please read the below:

FAQ:

Why are you living in my walls?

I'm not going to tell you.

Are you only in my walls?

You could say I am living in everybody's walls, but in the case I am telling you that I am living in your walls, I am living in your walls.

How are you surviving in my walls?

In my non-physical form, I am crawling around listening for you. That is all I need to survive in that form. In my physical form, I survive by eating rat corpses that I cook using the wall behind your oven, and I drink the vapour in the extraction fan duct above your shower.

What are you planning to do in my walls?

Live in them, listening to you.

What do I do about you living in my walls?

Listen for the scraping. Don't touch the walls. Protect yourself. Avoid lighting candles.

When are you going to stop living in my walls?

You cannot escape me.

Do I call the police?

The authorities will not help you.

What are the consequences of you living in my walls?

Be aware.

What if I am ok with you living in my walls?

I will make sure you’re not.

Are you imaginary?

I AM LIVING IN YOUR WALLS I AM LIVING IN YOUR WALLS I AM LIVING IN YOUR WALLS I AM LIVING IN YOUR WALLS I AM LIVING IN YOUR WALLS I AM LIVING IN YOUR WALLS I AM LIVING IN YOUR WALLS I AM LIVING IN YOUR WALLS

If there are any more questions then please consult your walls by directly speaking to them.

Summary:

I am living in your walls.

A path transversal exploit exists in the plugin

Holy shit that is bad.

Again, sorry for not checking it out more before suggesting 😬

Hopefully it will be updated someday to fix these issues, and TF can use it. Given it's fairly new, I have some hope it will.

Should I do anything with the thread like mark it as Closed/Denied, or should it stay open for more vouches, in the hope the issues will eventually be fixed?

Uhhh, after reading stuff on Discord, I gather it's poorly written, so I apologize for not investigating it further.

Would this be installed instead of PlayerVaults?

I only edited it and added PV in the title as someone on Discord got confused right after I made the thread and thought this was like PV.

Given this is like a central storage bank and PV is more a personal storage bank.... no, it wouldn't be instead of it.

Semi-vouch, Ryan and Tizz have valid points.

Not so sure it should be a "trial period", and more a "Re-Training/Bringing up to speed" period, especially for re-instatements.

I realize I'm not sure how it works for new Admins, but I assume there is some version of a formal or informal training period, as no way could someone instantly learn all the commands, especially with TFs more unique commands and methods; Formalizing this, and making it for all new appointments would be the best idea imo.

Plugin Name: Universal Vaults

Spigot: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/univ…-1-19-2.106973/

GitHub: https://github.com/ItziSpyder/UniVault

Live Examples: nbtarchives and univault on Minehut

What it does:
    UniVault adds a central bank to store shulkers and items into.

There is a submit command and chest, where players can submit up to 5 things at once. The plugin then checks the items are within the NBT limit per item, and that they are not already in the system.

Any items that clear those checks are added into the vault.
    Physically, the vault can be accessed by selected chests/barrels/storage devices, or the entire system can be accessed via commands.

Why should this be added:
    Currently Shulker Kits and other Items with NBT are scattered around both TF and Minecraft at large. On TF, projects have been worked on at different times to archive and preserve these Shulkers, but there is little coordination to this, and many things have been lost.

Adding UniVault would provide a simple, and fairly clean way to preserve and locate Shulkers and Items, with a decent bit of configuration options available, to customize it to TF, and prevent abuse.

My thoughts:

I'm sure there's some incompatibility with TFM (as usual), but since we'll be moving away from TFM in the future, I see no reason not to consider this.
    For those worried about NBT Abuse, you can configure how much NBT is allowed per item submitted, and automatically reject anything outside that limit. This, combined with some of the checks TF already has in place concerning NBT Data, should prevent abuse.

If you want to see it in action, check out the Minehut stuff mentioned above.
    (Admins, please notify me and/or remove this bit + the Minehut mentions if you deem it Advertising. I'm including it because I think it's pretty relevant as an example of the plugin in action).