Posts by julia

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

@'anemone' his code was a mess when i saw it, to the point where he had multiple people fixing it for him whenever he made a change

Asking other people for help with coding is not a bad thing at all! You can learn by doing, it even shows someone has genuine interest and wants to learn, from my experience it does not define someone's skill level.

I have access to the ixBot repository and it is much, much better than your average skid code.

Trust me I've seen people writing shitty Discord DDoS bots and the code of those is just a fucking total mess.

Everything in one file, hard coded variables, credit littered all over stdout and comments with shitty ASCII art plus a lot of API tokens.

matscalle I don't know much about TF Lore and what happens on this server since I mostly just mind my own business. As far as I've seen from this thread you and Noah are pretty much at a stalemate… If you criticize someone for their behavior but do the same thing it's kind of ironic.

@'anemone' and uhh… javascript… enough said

This may be controversial and rather off-topic, but hear me out:

Some people code in Python, some in Rust. Everyone starts somewhere and JavaScript is a great entrypoint for beginners.

NodeJS has a lot of modules that are actively developed that can get you bootstrapped into pretty much any environment. UIs? React! Discord? Discord.JS! Minecraft? minecraft-{data,protocol}!

JavaScript is also very versatile! You can use it as a scripting engine in games, create server side apps with projects like Node and Deno and browser apps with Vanilla and React. (Just to name a few)

@'Miasmus.' Storing uncompressed music in FLAC or movies in MKV, regular backups and raw files from like editing Videos or Images, a raw Image can be 100MB in size.

Or Databases for stuff like Dynmap renders and Coreprotect logs, those can get quite big.