Posts by wild1145

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.

Changelog 28/12/2020

• Re-named Executive Server Liaison to Executive Evangelist to better reflect the role they should be doing.
    • Removed community voting and clarified that executives will be appointed by the server owner.
    • Added information on the scope of this policy.
    • Cleaned up the roles which never did have voting as well.
    • Un-Re-Named Executive Server Liaison to Executive Evangelist to better reflect the role they should be doing.
    • Re-defined the Executive Server Liaison role to better clarify the role
    • Re-Named Indefinite Ban Manager & Cross-Network Ban Manager to just Executive Ban Manager as that's more appropriate.
    • Explained why Exec Ban Manager needs forum / discord admin.
    • Added clarification on owner appointment
    • Added option for community removals of Executives.

So as a temporary measure to try to get things working better, I've disabled the NetworkManager nicknames, social spy and anti-ad system.

This will all (Well a lot of it if not all) have to get re-enabled in the longer term but they're things to tackle in the new year.

@Noah#3672 The freedom. and smp. domains are only temporary and will in the future be removed... They were implemented more for legacy advertising support than anything else (Well smp was and I added freedom because people were moaning)... We won't be advertising those IP's outside of the server and generally we won't advertise them internally either.

@simplynick#3674 That's the result of the way chat is formatted. I need to do some further testing to make sure any changes I get NM to do won't break other things, because atm /nick is a bungee command so never makes it to TFM. It'll be the same issue on SMP but it hasn't been noticed there yet.

For the record, I (The server owner) warned you in chat quite nicely and suggested you needed to tone the caps down. You ignored that and got even more aggressive with me. I muted you. You then damaged the spawn with signs and when an admin came online who (Even though they could) did not ban you for that, and again warned you. You were then continuing to be aggressive towards that admin and a player so were banned from the freedom server.

After this it kicked you back to the network hub where instead of getting the hint, you got aggressive again with an admin and were swiftly temporarily banned.

You should feel very lucky you had as many chances as you did, and I will tell you now if you continue to power post in all caps, I'll ban you from the forums as well.

This thread will outline the currently maintained repositories / organisations that we encourage you to contribute to if you wish to help the TotalFreedom Project.

At the current time all active development takes place on the ATLAS Media Group Github organisation, which you can find here: https://github.com/AtlasMediaGroup - All previous organisations are no longer officially maintained by the team here, and at the current time we're not looking to support the now legacy orgs.

Where it is within our power to do so, we will look to transition the GitHub repos themselves to an archived state to enable them to be preserved for the future.

Unofficial Mirrors / Archives

Please Note: We are unable to guarantee authenticity / stability / maintained status of the following links, please use them with care.

Telesphoreo / Plex:

ATLAS Media Org (Sub-Set of the org): https://git.plex.us.org/AtlasMediaGroup
    TotalFreedomMC (The entire org from what I can see at a glance): https://git.plex.us.org/TotalFreedomMC

If you have your own public archives / mirrors, please let me know and I'll update them.

As I'm sure is the case for a lot of people around the world this year, the New Years eve celebrations for 2021 will almost certainly be a little bit different, here in the UK there are no big fireworks shows going on in London and we can't meet up with family and friends from other households (At least where I am anyway!) and as such this year is going to feel for a lot of very different to years gone by.

Given the current circumstances I'm pleased to announce that within the server we will be holding our own celebrations this year, and they will range over a number of timezones which seem to be common with our players, and we will be looking to run a number of events on the Freedom and SMP Servers throughout the hours before and after the main New Years event.

I'm also pleased to announce that we will in a number of timezones be running a small celebration in our hub server which all players will be welcome to join us for. This will happen in the following timezones.

• Sydney, Australia
    • Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    • London, United Kingdom,
    • New York, United States of America
    • Los Angeles, United States of America

We appreciate there are a lot of players in other time zones, and while unfortunately it's not practical for us to run this in every possible timezone this year, we would really love for you to join us in a timezone that is closet to your own!

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas, and I can't wait to announce some of the events we'll be undertaking throughout our new years celebrations!

@Miwojedk#3620 Yeah it's certainly possible, just something I'll tie up with the guys that made the Parkour to make sure they can factor that in, as there are some things that do get applied already so adding something like that won't be a big deal, but don't wanna make the change until they give the nod.

@Miwojedk#3618 Yeah, I'm thinking if I can set a sensible default like you say to something like 3, and then also allow people to customize it if they want that might be the best way to do it. Just aware there is a Parkour in the hub so wanna make sure that won't break things / make it able to be easily cheated!

I'll see if I can let people set their own speeds in the hub, if not I'll look to as you suggest set the default to be higher. Will need to check with the MB Team if this will break things like the Parkour.

You can also use / to jump between servers so /hub-01 (or just /hub or /lobby) /freedom-01 and /smp-01 all work from anywhere on the TF Network now.

@Motionally#3604 It's not something I've seen on servers before but absolutely more than happy to look into doing something like that. I would need to do some checking to make sure it doesn't break anything and all that good stuff and if it's possible but yeah, certainly something that can be investigated.

Could you make a new thread in suggestions for this and we can look into it. 👍

A very quick note just to wish you all a very merry Christmas.

I appreciate this year has been really difficult for a lot of people, and celebrating Christmas may not be everyones top priority but I do hope you can all take some time to be with family and friends, either in person or virtually over those apps we've come to know and love like Zoom over the coming days.

Looking back I never quite expected to be here writing this post, it's been a very interesting year for me, and I never thought I'd be sat here running this community and it's a genuine privilege to be entrusted with the servers future.

I've written a longer post over on the ATLAS Blog which you're welcome to check out here - https://blog.atlas-media.co.uk/2020/12/25/chr…the-atlas-team/

We will be doing our best to keep TF up throughout the holidays as I also appreciate that people need time away from family and friends, and that there will be people who unfortunately aren't able to celebrate in their usual way or the way in which they'd prefer.

I wish you and your families a safe and wonderful holiday break, and thank you all for your continued support <3

@Telesphoreo#3583 Because it doesn't make sense.

You're going to a sub-set of the server that is on play. so freedom.play makes absolute sense. Likewise smp.play because you're connecting to the freedom / smp part of the play domain.

In the future there may be other things on the top level of the sub-domain where freedom / smp would break the pattern, play. is the MC server so adding sub-domains to that makes logical sense.