Posts by wild1145

I'm going to pull this thread now.

It's absolutely unacceptable to be hosting these files and then preventing members of the community from accessing them, especially given I had asked you to send them to me to be added to the official download tool.

I'm going to lock this now because it's not open for further discussion, these will be on the official world download tool shortly.

The reason for the longer ban is as this was one in a number of bans from the discord which had been appealed within hours of being banned. The 14 day minimum appeal window was to give him a chance to actually think on what he had done and that his continued breaking of the rules is not acceptable.

@StevenNL2000#1618 That was my working assumption. In reality it shouldn't be too hard to do the transformation. Just needs some thought to go into it. Expecting users may need to do a "password reset" and we don't try to transfer that, but all the content and everything else I'm expecting to transfer over without too many headaches.

So that formatted about as poorly as I expected it would... Yay Flarum.

The current main topic of conversation is around rule 1A, and if that should be an indefinite ban or not. My personal 2 cent is if you're breaking the discord TOS, the only grounds for an appeal should be if you weren't... Otherwise I'm not sure a "Sorry boss I made a mistake" appeal is really going to cut it, but open to thoughts.

Also would appreciate other peoples input on this before we look to formalise this as the new rules.

Hi Everyone,

After a number of conversations and threads, it was decided to refresh and re-work the Discord rules. There has been some initial feedback from the Discord staff which I will post in a reply to discuss here but this is what has been proposed by me based on our current rules in an effort to make things somewhat easier to understand for everyone.

As we all know, Black Friday is in less than a week, and I thought I'd share with you all the major savings that Superior Networks have rolled out for the Black Friday 2020 sale.

This year I've put in place the biggest sales we've ever ran in the 7 years of Superior Networks operating and I wanted to share them with you all before we send these out to all of the Superior Networks clients.

We have limited stock available for all of these products, so if you're interested be sure to order quickly to avoid disappointment :)

Prices start from £0.83 GBP per month for a VPS with us (Billed as £10 per year).

Find all our deals here - https://superior-networks.com/blackfriday-2020.html

The poll to move back to proboards was for the purposes of enacting the ownership application process which has now concluded. Due to proboards at the time not being 100% Restored, and as far as I'm aware still not 100% restored the decision was taken as I understand it, to start using this forum given the community was on Flarum before Seth threw his tantrum and I personally believed and still believe it was the right call, as we discussed before the moving of the forums is a decision to be taken by the owner, and at the time we had no owner to make that decision.

I'm also heavily against moving back to Proboards, in my mind it's a step in the wrong direction for the server, and I don't think it gives the best possible image for the servers online presence, while yes it has a lot of history, it has limited functionality which we are able to get through hosting our own forum solution. I also don't really like that just to use our own DNS and remove the ads (Which we'd really want to be doing) that it traps us in a payment scheme with Proboards, and that if we do go back the longer we end up using it, the harder it would be again to justify moving off.

I have already tasked some of my team at ATLAS to do some investigations into alternate forum software, because Flarum really shouldn't be being used in production and work is underway at the moment there to come back to me with some suggestions on what would be technically recommended.

My hope is that once there is a proposal for what forum suite would work best, to spin up a demo and present it back in beta format for the community to look at and provide feedback, I am keen to get off Flarum, and keen to never go back to Proboards, but equally the community need to agree that what we move to is going to be a good choice, and to ensure that it's actually usable and people are comfortable with it.

For info, some of the forum suites that are so far being looked into is XenForo, Discourse, WoltLab and IPBoards - Personally I lean towards WoltLab because I have a license that just needs to be updated, it's got excellent themes and add-on's that can be installed and worked really really well when I was using it for personal projects before and I think hosted CJFreedom forums for quite some time when we were trying to find the best forum solution for the server then.

I've noticed similar issues myself with OVH servers, and part of it is the way they manage networking seems to effectively ramp up your capacity as demands requires, but also historically I've found issues whereby it seems to be issues with the disk IO performance as most VPN Software is still running components off the disk and writing to disk.

OVH Generally also provide a heatmap type thing that shows traffic in their network, it might be worth seeing if you're in a datacentre or rack even that has high network usage, as it's possible that it's saturating the backbone and you're just struggling to get traffic through. But then again, that wouldn't explain why the server itself has decent speeds but not your local setup.

I think Speedtest also has a "Single" and "Multi" setting, make sure you run it from the server on single as I understand that better replicates how VPN's would reach out if it routes via the server.

Appreciate the suggestion, I suspect his is "My bad" from when we originally lost the server and I went through and commented out the references to everything that we didn't have within our control (Which is why I think it's just the website that now shows on it).

Let me take a look now at what else was enabled while Seth was looking after things, and I'll see if we can get that added back.

I also like the idea of re-purposing this into something a bit more generic rather than only social media links, I think that would be useful.

The TotalFreedom server is currently once again on the look out to recruit some new developers in to our team. Over the past 10 years we've had a range of developers all contributing to where the server has been able to get to today, and if you're interested in getting involved with our development, we would absolutely love to hear from you!

Unlike previous rounds, we'll appoint as many developers as we have suitable candidates, there is a lot of work that has gone into our plugin development, and as the server grows I expect the amount of custom development we want to undertake will likely increase as well.

I'm keen to hear from people with a mixed background, and if there are people who perhaps don't have as much experience as they think they might need, please still by all means put your name forward, if it's practical I'm keen to encourage the development and learning process so any experience and interest will always be considered!

To apply just reply to this thread with the following information.

1 - Your Minecraft Username:
    2 - Your Discord Username & ID:
    3 - Your previous experience, please do provide links if it's open-source, or if not talk us through it:
    4 - A short bit about why you want to become a developer for TF.

And that's it. I'm not going to set a hard and fast deadline because I certainly appreciate everyone is busy but we'll look to start appointing those who are seriously interested and have demonstrated they have the experience and expertise as we go along!

The best of luck everyone.

I appreciate we've not agreed on a great deal in the week ish that I've been the owner of the server, but I do also greatly appreciate the work you have done up to now in maintaining the servers development and keeping things working as they should be.

I wish you every success with what you should chose to tackle as your next project, and genuinely wish you the very best.