Posts by Fyrsta

I appreciate I'm late to the party on this one, but there's a few things to clear up and expand on others.

As far as I'm aware, there's no reason to use WAV (or other uncompressed audio formats) compared to FLAC (or other losslessly compressed audio formats) - they'll both support anything you'll find out in the wild.

For music storage, I've got all of mine stored in Dropbox as well as on my Plex server. It's convenient to stream via Plexamp and I use Foobar2000 on my PC (Tek Syndicate has a video on how to set it up efficiently, it's old but it does the job - if you follow it there's a new and improved lyric plugin that you should use instead).

I personally much prefer using it compared to streaming, having lyrics and whatnot displayed nicely in the player is so much nicer than Spotify, and using ReplayGain is a much better approach than normalisation for consistent levels between songs. It's not for everyone, but if you can hear the difference I'd highly recommended getting it setup.

As for acquiring music, I buy CDs and rip them through ExactAudioCopy for bands I care about and acquire others through "other" means. I've not had problems with EPs and singles, places like Qobuz and 7Digital tend to have them when they're released.

The storage need isn't excessive really, I've got plenty of music saved and it's about 700GB I think. Especially if you put it on a hard drive it's nothing nowadays.

A couple of things:

Otherwise from a quick run-through, everything seems to be working fine. Profile pictures don't appear to copy over but that's not really the end of the world.

Hi all,

I'm mainly here to cover the interim period while Ryan is taking a step back, the server should be able to carry on as usual day-to-day with people who have a better understanding of how TF operates nowadays. For now, anyway, I only envisage getting involved if there's any big drama that needs resolving or if anything technical from an ATLAS or otherwise perspective needs doing.

The main reason why I'm involved in this and not someone more current is because of the ATLAS connection, I've been working with Ryan on ATLAS since its inception and it's good from a business PoV for someone who's part of ATLAS to oversee what's going on here. I'm sure everything will continue as normal and I won't need to get involved much if at all.

If anyone's got any questions or concerns, feel free to shout - I'll be more than happy to talk it through.

1. Your Minecraft name: Fyrsta

2. Are you using the same forum & Minecraft account that you used when you were a staff member in the past? (Yes or No). If no, state all former account names and be prepared to verify that you're not an imposter.

Same account, different name. Was known as Wicked or HeXeRei452 in the past.

Note: Reinstatements will not be approved until the EAO can positively verify that the person applying for reinstatement is the same as the past admin - the burden of proof is on the person requesting reinstatement.

1. What rank were you (Moderator, Administrator) and the approx dates you were a staff member: (e.g. super admin from Jun 2010 - Jan 2013)

Senior Admin/Developer/Executive, not sure exactly when but around 2012-2015 or so I'd guess from first being a Super Admin.

**4. Why were you removed from your staff position? (Answer one below and exclude the rest)

a. For long term inactivity? (Yes or No) If Yes, did you post an inactivity notice or did you leave without notice - please explain if no notice was left.**

Yes, but I'm not entirely sure if I left one or not.

**5. If you were removed just for long term inactivity (yes to 4a above and no to 4b thru 4e), please skip to Q 6 otherwise you must answer this question: What current activities have you performed to merit reinstatement?

a. Filed griefer reports on the forum
    b. Assisted new or existing players (explain how)
    c. Creative endeavors such as making promotional videos for TF (If Yes, give examples)
    d. Have assisted in TF development activities such as contributing to TFM (If Yes, give examples)
    e. Have assisted in improving policy or general moderation of the TF server or forum? (if Yes, give examples)
    f. Other (provide detailed explanation)**

1. If you are reinstated, how often will you be able to do staff duties?
      A few hours a week at most I'd say

2. Have you reviewed the server rules and banning protocols to ensure you're up to speed on any changes that might have occurred since your return from inactivity?

Yup.

1. Do you have a family member that's been on the perm ban list within the past 60 days? If yes, your request will be denied with the exception of the allowance in rule 18 of https://totalfreedom.boards.net/thread/3...cklist-nov

Nope