Posts by taah

I object. In personal interactions he is very deceitful and vengeful. His programming ability doesn't mean anything about his character.

developer requires more trust than admin in my opinion as you have access to the server software and the main core plugins

No. To become a Developer, we screen for an interest in programming. Previously we also screened for talent and experience. We don't screen for character or judgement like we do for admins. Development is slow and we can expect rogue commits to be caught quickly while they sit in limbo. Scope of the role's power should also not be expanded without accounting for how easy it was, behaviorally, for devs to get accepted in the first place.

Amongst becoming a developer also makes you uphold a reputation of whether the developer can be trusted or not as well. I've spoken to Allink for months along with many of the other developers to see what kind of character he is and he is someone who has stated that he wouldn't leave until he makes a positive impact on TotalFreedom. It is up to others to see what that turns out to be, but if we hold someone back because of their associations with others, it is unfair. I was friends with Savnith and Cyro while being a Telnet Clan Administrator, others being friends with such individuals as Senior Administrators and friends with Panther and Frequent_User, all four being malicious users at one point with severely negative impacts on the server.

As for the spoiler you posted, I doubt Allink would have any involvement with such crimes because as a developer, not just a TotalFreedom developer, but as someone who wants to keep a reputation for future matters, that would negatively impact him. If you are implying that he has control over such situations because of his friendship status with minimal members of such groups, this is false, because why would they listen to him or anyone? I'm sorry to hear about the targeting from the group, I hope it gets situated, because I also was once in a situation where I was DoX'd by a developer and senior admin who remained with their status for months without consequences, and it was not fun, considering I was in elementary school at the time.

i object because almost all of my interactions with this user have been negative. i could provide evidence but i probably won’t unless Luke puts a gun to my head. we shouldn’t be forcing people to present actual evidence, much less people who are/have been admin (img). i don’t understand why this one particular application is being treated as such an exception, maybe i’m missing something.

I do not think just because someone was / is an admin means their word is trustworthy.

I understand all of the comments about Allink's association with a group that's been fucking with the server for months, but once again, do you expect him to just drop their friendship because of their actions? What if outside of the server they're friends? It's not your position or required of Allink to have to drop his friends, especially if he has no involvement and he spends his time with them outside of TotalFreedom matters. And once again, if everyone keeps holding back Allink because of his friendship, he would never have a chance to become admin, and it is not fair, especially if the only thing he's done here is use his position and presence on the server to only positively impact it. He's a good person, and he is trustworthy, and all of you are over his ass for something he didn't do. (This last sentence is not directed to any of the quotes, but a general statement)

for those of you all mentioning how allink is associated with people who have attacked totalfreedom, let me all let you know how video and i and probably others were friends with savnith, frequent user, and panther, amongst others such as cyro, while we were all admins, and no one got on our asses and if they did they were false accusations. it's unfair to allink if we keep holding him back because boohoo he's friends with irix and shit like go cry about it somewhere else. developer requires more trust than admin in my opinion as you have access to the server software and the main core plugins itself rather than just commands. sure, he doesn't have access to the actual file manager but without allink trying to support this dump amongst the other developers, this server wouldn't be going anywhere.

vouch. i don't think allink's friend groups and his association with people should determine his trustworthiness because who are we to tell others who their friends can be and cannot? if he's not partaking in such activities then i don't think we should be worried. it's not fair to allink if we were to object because of a potential future where he could partake because then that's just bringing his chances down of being an administrator for days and months to come. if a person's solution is that allink drops his friend group, then said person is retarded.

allink has proven time and time again that he is a great developer, a team player, a great communicator, one who's knowledgeable in minecraft servers as well as how they work, and an active member of the community. stop being blinded by past events and events that COULD take place, that's not fair to others, and it's a heavy bias.

as for luke's comment, we can all disagree on things, but when the time comes i believe allink will step up and prove he's trustworthy. if he's trustworthy enough to be allowed to modify the server software, our forks, tfm, etc., i don't understand how the worry of trust doesn't come to there when he could easily pull something in the development area if he wanted.

i mean if we sanction people for ERP 'n shit i believe in the interest of consistency this sort of stuff should also be prohibited...

It is also important to consider that this is a server of which children play. Those who make the argument that this server isn't "designed" for kids should still acknowledge that they are active participants in the community. I view it a moral responsibility that we protect them.

this. and i'm disappointed that this had to be a poll because it is common sense to not allow nsfw content on a minecraft server, let alone one thats supposed to attract people not turn them on