Ren - Admin Application

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • i vouch due to the above. lets not try to overcorrect; there are players that were more obscure than ren who still got to power and let’s not object just cuz she’s associated with lyicx. otherwise we’re doing exactly what we’re trying to stop.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• I object for I don't think you have the attitude I would want to see in an administrator. Namely: all the sexual remarks (CC: Lyicx), and your behavior which I could not classify as "mature" in any way. I also haven't seen you interact much with the new players at all, if it isn't for the usual copy/pasted welcome message every old-ish member seems to have nowadays.

Another point I would like to point out, as I think it is of importance: I don't think you have earned yourself the role, trust, or reputation I think an administrator needs from the community and—as hard as it is to hear—I have never seen you being of any relevancy without Lyicx being involved. Sure, you have been a player here for a year, but the fact is that most people here didn't even know that, which really talks by itself.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

Folfy_Blue Namely: all the sexual remarks (CC: Lyicx), and your behavior which I could not classify as “mature” in any way.

I mean.. some of the jokes that I make on the discord would definitely not be classified as "mature". Lots of admins, all of which do their jobs well, make sexual jokes. Maturity isn't just "don't make jokes" it's about knowing when to stop making them.

Folfy_Blue I don’t think you have earned yourself the role, trust, or reputation I think an administrator needs from the community and—as hard as it is to hear—I have never seen you being of any relevancy without Lyicx being involved.

Not to draw comparisons to myself again, but I applied for admin just 27 days after I first properly started playing on the Minecraft server, and I wasn't too insanely on the discord and forum beforehand either.

Personally, what I've seen of the applicant is fine. She's shown herself to be a pleasant presence in the community even from before her relationship with Lyicx, even if she was not extremely active until after the fact. There's definitely potential for her to do a good job as an admin, and although it might be touching on the early side, I'm willing to give her a chance.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I would say, the OP has been on the server for a while, and while the activity is not at the level of Mentally Unstable, it has been pretty reasonable and when you look at the activity index she's in the top 15...

http://play.totalfreedom.me:8080/player/1c78b1b…46-546840a0f0a8

http://play.totalfreedom.me:8080/player/1c78b1b…ssions-overview

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I'm going to remain neutral, mainly because I am concerned that Lyicx's popularity within the community may have an influence on this application given that Ren has a personal relationship with him.

With that being said...

Folfy_Blue all the sexual remarks

Do you really expect a team full of young adults to not make sex jokes?

image.png

• I do remember you being around for a reasonable time, maybe not so active in the past, in fact I don't have many memories of you but I can't recall bad memories either.

My personal advice is to do your best to build your own image, many people just know you as "Lyicx's gf".

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

Folfy_Blue Namely: all the sexual remarks (CC: Lyicx)

before i respond to this, could i see which messages you're referring to? im pretty sure compared to everything i've (or anyone has) said in the past two years its not even a large portion of what gets said on this server

Folfy_Blue and your behavior which I could not classify as “mature” in any way

could you go in more depth on this aswell. because im sure you are aware, if what i think you're saying is true this could also fit with myself and several other staff members at times. no one is going to be mature all the fuckin time. only really counts if the actual situation requires it

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

Folfy_Blue Namely: all the sexual remarks (CC: Lyicx), and your behavior which I could not classify as “mature”

What are you gonna do tell young adults not to make sex jokes. lyicx does it everyday and that's fine there just

JOKES

Folfy_Blue have never seen you being of any relevancy without Lyicx being involved.

even though she was on mostly everyday on the smp before the whole lyicx thing

E3rayehWUAQJUGj.jpg?width=1047&height=588

• I dont know if recommendations are required or not but

• Names of admins that have recommended you? (Must pm admin(s) to confirm recommendation.)

Lyicx.

This seems a bit BIAS no?

Objekt I dont know you and Ive been playing for a week nowf

•   lyicx

no one is going to be mature all the fuckin time.

I agree, however after having looked at the message history of Renzo for the last \~2 weeks (approx. 1,200 messages) every time a more "mature" topic is brought up (LGBT rights, discussion on whether a member should be sanctioned, the application of the rules, to name a few I've came across), whilst most members of the community would come to state their thoughts or opinion, Renzo either remained quiet during the period of the discussion or talked about something entirely off-topic and mostly got ignored by everyone else who were talking about the main issue at hand, actively avoiding any mature topics. Instead, Renzo's entire message history and interaction with the community can be summed up to this:

A lot of very short interactions with the community, a lot of very short sessions, unless Lyicx is being involved, which is where Renzo would pop up a lot and make a name of herself under Lyicx. Although I can't only be bad mouthing here: I have noticed that since the application has been posted, Renzo has been a lot more active with the community, which is something I greatly encourage. However, as this is rather new I don't know if it's time-limited to the period of this application, so my vote remains.

A fool's fool fools fools who foolishly accept the foolishness of a fool's fool.

MagAgentV3 even though she was on mostly everyday on the smp before the whole lyicx thing

Here, if you don't believe me:

Luke what have u done other than date lyicx tho

RedEastWood object; its too soon. if any other applicant had only been playing for like a month

root ive not really seen much from you other than the fact that you’re dating lyicx and that’s it.

Tizz I do remember you being around for a reasonable time, maybe not so active in the past, in fact I don’t have many memories of you but I can’t recall bad memories either.

Nobody has any idea who Ren is outside of "Lyicx's gf"

• Neutral, do something to impress me like baking us a cake and my vote might change

Decided to come back to this application one more time, and I noticed one glaring issue.

Ren's activity nowadays.

I'm never this picky when it comes to stuff like this, but I checked Ren's activity lately, and she hasn't been doing so hot. She last logged in almost over two weeks ago, and her index has tanked severely.

Display Spoiler

iqc3Zhk.png

yBVAStP.png

Compared to when Ren first made her app, a significant decline is visible.

Display Spoiler

O9DTaSF.png

I'm going to switch my vote from neutral to object because of this. I know it's kind of unfair to do this since the application has been open for 1 month now, but I feel like if someone wants to really be admin on this server, they'd stay and continue to play on here the whole way through. (Obviously, if it's open for a year like some reinstatements on here have, I wouldn't blame you..)

Edited once, last by isaac (August 24, 2022 at 11:15 PM).

• object;

I personally take RedEastWood reasoning on this this, as do I the same for Alco_Rs11

*I haven't seen you take much of a presence on TF or seen effort working towards helping and aiding the player base***. In regards to Ren's relationship to Lyicx, I, nor anyone else has the right to use that as some backhanded reason to object, as relationships are and have been always permitted in the community. That being said, it looks a bit suspicious to me and others in regards to Lyicx's recomendation towards Ren surrounding the potential bias of nepotism. I just want to make it clear my objection is not towards that end of the discussion, I just haven't seen much of you reaching out to others and helping the community in a productive way.** Like many of my objections, prove me wrong! Make further efforts to help and aid the community, establish more of a friendly presence and id be more then happy to change my vote to vouch! Good luck Ren.

Folfy_Blue ely: all the sexual remarks (CC: Lyicx), and your behavior which I could not classify as “mature

You're one to talk lmao. Ever heard the phrase "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?" This is a Minecraft server, not a place of business.

Anyway, on the note of ren, tbh I want to go neutral at the minute.I do see you on a lot, but I don't really see you as an admin at the minute. I think you may need to engage the community a bit more and help out etc.

image.png

@'Señor JagWire' You’re one to talk lmao. Ever heard the phrase “People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones?” This is a Minecraft server, not a place of business.

Folfy is not the one applying for admin here.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Folfy_Blue Nobody has any idea who Ren is outside of “Lyicx’s gf”

actually buddy i was asking cuz i’m inactive as fuk and wanted to know more. ontop of that i also wanted ren to answer that herself so she could say ‘ive done…’ to prove she is a member of the community that has done stuff.

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg