change the current sra voting system

• seriously its retarded why is it still around

currently it gets locked, then there's voting, then there's a period of senior admin voting but in my opinion it should be changed back to what it was - why do we need to lock the post and vote on it later and why do we need a second voting period that basically makes the first voting period redundant?

52-CEF3-CF-C4-FF-4798-8469-4-BDCA5-D35247.jpg

• No idea how it is this way, I think it's to give all applications the same visibility and to avoid giving a position of advantage to the ones posted early.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

Luke why do we need a second voting period that basically makes the first voting period redundant?

I've always thought it's like popular vote first, if passed then senior discussion.

TotalFreedom's Executive Community & Marketing Manager

• I will say that I find it a little bothering that it's a full 5 weeks from applications open until they get reviewed, and even if you apply on the last possible day you still have a 3 week wait. That's my personal view, anyway. It's quite lengthy and for seemingly little reason. I do however want to keep a period for senior only discussion. I feel there are often concerns to eligibility that may need to be brought up in private so as to reduce the amount of drama and/or witch hunting that takes place.

As far as I'm concerned, senior apps have no voting for 2 weeks just because that's how it is, does anyone with more experience in this community have any idea why the system was set up in the first place?

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

• I find it stupid that the senior application is locked as soon as it's posted. Example: I launched my application, and people vouched but their votes ended up getting nuked "because it wasn't during the voting period." That delay from the posting of the application to "when the voting period begins" should be removed. It'll speed an already lengthy process up.

To streamline it:

• Have public voting from the day it opens to like 2 weeks after and then count the votes and immediately move it to Senior Level without having unnecessary gaps between each voting period.

Unfortunately, I never reached anywhere close to Senior so I have no idea how this system came to be back then.

javaw_VqNRNZdU6Q.png
    image.png
    image.png

•   Alco_Rs11 Also It makes no sense that your votes were nuked but on Telesphoreo app they did not nuke any votes so yeah makes no sense.

But I vouch this system is really dumb why does it need to be locked and then we vote it makes no sense

also they just locked Tizz's Senior app but did not nuke any votes bruh

E3rayehWUAQJUGj.jpg?width=1047&height=588

MagAgentV3 Also It makes no sense that your votes were nuked but on Telesphoreo app they did not nuke any votes so yeah makes no sense.

To answer this - the few votes made on alco's application were made within 20 minutes and were all vouches with short reasoning. To go by the book I decided to remove them since voting wasn't meant to take place yet.

But with Tele's app, it had several hours worth of discussion, paragraphs and evidence and such. A lot of effort had been put into the discussion and I didn't feel it was my place to delete all that typing out of existence especially when it would just be retyped after the voting opens.

However obviously there's a bit of disparity here I agree, so in future, especially with this suggestion, I won't be removing votes that happen to be before the thread is locked.

• @'glaucus atlanticus'

Alco_Rs11

erin However obviously there’s a bit of disparity here I agree, so in future, especially with this suggestion, I won’t be removing votes that happen to be before the thread is locked.

Alco_Rs11 bias much?

Don't know what possible bias you could be referring to. Here's why I removed those votes.

erin To go by the book I decided to remove them since voting wasn’t meant to take place yet.

I was strictly going by the book since the thread should not have been able to receive replies, something which I didn't see any downsides to at the time.

• @'wxtermelon' that's not bias.. as I said in my original first post I wasn't going to be removing any votes anymore made before I locked the thread.

There's no bias because no matter who wrote the vote on whose application or what reasoning they gave it wasn't gonna get removed after I realised it's not a good idea.

I got backlash from those whose votes I removed back on Alco's app. After recent events I've realised it's not a good idea.

So I explained why I stopped doing it full stop.