Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • So something like Wix isn't something that meets the basic requirements in the first post. Just don't want people spending time on the assumption it might make it to production when in reality it never will.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

•   matscalle

@'Ryan' Some requirements though

The website will be “Static”, and by that I mean I don’t want PHP / similar back-ends that require an actual server.
    If we want Dynamic content, we might be able to host it externally to the site and use JS to get it (What I’m doing with some player count type info) but ideally we just wouldn’t.
    Site should be designed in such a way that it’s easy for it to be maintained
    Site should be designed to be stored in Git (GitHub) - (This should make no real difference, but worth stating).

•   matscalle Some points I made in a previous thread about Wix as a service:

• They collect data about you (including some personal details!) and then share it to marketing companies for use in targeted advertisements.

• If we used Wix unironically, we would be relentlessly made fun of by pretty much everyone for it.

• You have to pay them to get rid of all the branding that they slap onto your website like a bumper sticker.

• Migrating to a third party service like Wix which forces us to rely on them is like the last thing Ryan wants to do.

• You have to pay them $18 a month just to get basic things like analytics about your site or even a basic calendar.

image.png

•   matscalle

I think you misunderstood the meaning of Static and simply just searched up 'Are wix websites static' without researching into what a static website actually is.

Static Websites

A static website is a website where the website's content does not change and is the same for every website viewer. You can either have a static or dynamic website.

An example is a Minecraft server's website, for a dynamic website. For example, you might see 400 players on right now on the website. However, in a few hours, this may change to 200 players online and the website would have to update that.

A Wix website may be Static, but using their service would be a disappointment and embarrassment to our community.

Costs

The ideal site made with Wix has many costly features that we as a community can get ourselves. These range from maintenance and customer support, to simple analytics. We are better off without relying on Wix as a service.

• Apologies, I haven't forgotten about this, unfortunately other priorities have jumped above this on my list, I'll pick this back up properly very shortly and engage with all of you that expressed an interest to see what we can achieve between us :)

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• I have created a basic static website, meeting all of Wild's requirements. There is definitely room for improvement, but it is a start. Given its simplicity, it should be easy to maintain and add more. Once I clean up the code, I plan to put it on GitHub. Any feedback and help is appreciated. (Xenyfye#9747)

It does not seem much is being done about current website, so I guess this is better than nothing. I am not a professional web developer, but this can be used until someone or something better comes along.

Server status & player count use https://mcapi.us/ (Being used on our current website)

Inspired by   Folfy_Blue's design and background image provided by them as well.

• @'anemone' The page is currently not responsive like I want it to be. I just kind of threw this together in a day. I am not the greatest at CSS, but it should be more responsive soon enough.

Any changes you would like to see added can be suggested via PR or Issue on GitHub.