Initial 1.17 Support

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • We are now able to support 1.17 throughout the network with the use of ViaVersions.

For the time being we are still recommending that where practical users still connect on 1.16.5 for the best possible experience, however do appreciate that might not always be practical / desirable.

The development team are working hard to bring support for 1.17, though it is a significant amount of work even compared to previous updates, and a lot of stuff is breaking due to Mojang's decision to bump up the minimum Java version to play their game to a non-standard / LTS release.

We hope in the coming weeks to move fully on to 1.17, but for now this should at least bridge the gap and allow everyone who has been playing / may want to join us to be able to play on the network.

Thanks everyone.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• A lot of stuff broke after Java 11. Technically you aren't required to compile for Java 16. I still compile in Java 8 because it supports older versions than 1.15 and some versions like 1.12 flat out don't work on Java 16 for me

•   Windows Yeah we're doing the Java 16 upgrade at the moment, and then the 1.17 update in the aims of making it simpler, but because a lot of plugin dev's ignored the deprecation warnings in Java 11 and Java 16 is not LTS it's come as a bit of a shock to most dev's and is causing a lot of issues just getting base plugins working on Java 16...

Wild1145

•   Telesphoreo TFM is not the main problem... It's every other plugin as I already said.

We've been able to get TFM to build Java 16 (With some minor tweaks) but it doesn't mean TF itself runs well on Java 16 with 2/3 of the plugins broken.

Wild1145

• @'Ryan' Every plugin except LibsDisguises works fine on StevenNL2000Freedom. Thats probably because the one on AMG is outdated and I haven't been bothered to update it on my own. I was able to get BlocksHub working on Java 16, I just had to compile it on my own (LibsDisguises gives errors on Java 11 also which is weird)

•   Windows Fair, but getting it to turn on is the first step. I just got TF-LibsDisguises working on Java 16. I've been playing for a while now and it seems as if everything is working fine. No plugins are visibly broken and all the functionality of TFM appears to be working fine for me

• We've now updated the bungee and ViaVersion to support 1.17.1 as well as it doesn't look like it is backward compatible natively for some reason or another.

Wild1145