RedEastWood - Senior Admin Application

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I realise and understand the core issues regarding the majority of the objects on my application. They are all very valid concerns. As I have addressed Steven, and many of you in DMs, I am looking to change this; I have asked those who have objected on how to improve. I have received many helpful tips. I’d like to thank Miwojedk, zeseryu and James for providing me with tips on how to better myself.

As such, I have one request - this application is live for two weeks, and I think it fair to assess my true change at the end of those two weeks. I am asking for those who have objected for the reasoning of my aggressive nature on the forums and discord, to give me these two weeks to prove myself and my change to you. Therefor, I am requesting you to perhaps update your decision once you have seen said change (or keep your decision once having seen a lack of change)
    @Blassph, James, StevenNL2000, Miwojedk, Ivan, burger, Captainclimber
    I would also like to call into account the positives of my application, and I hope that you realise that, at least to me, the positives outweigh the negatives; such is shown through my seven senior admin recommendations.

Once again, I am truly sorry for any instances where I have behaved in a manner that may have offended anyone, it was wrong and I realise this.
    Thank you all so much

• While Red's negative behaviour was on display on many occasions, I believe that Red could change his attitude to towards others regardless if they are right or wrong and I have personally experienced that.

I have seen previous seniors do much worse then talk badly to other players and never get punished for it (Well known from experiencing it) - I decided to Vouch, I look at the bigger picture here and I believe that the negative doesn't overcome his positive work.

Thats just a personal opinion and I feel its necessary to share.

Best of luck moving on.

• May I add, from a non-biased perspective.. I have seen Red increase his behaviour in the last month. I too agree that his aggression was quite severe when it came to getting his point across and other miscellaneous things, however in the last month, I've seen a huge improvement on how he handles things and his behaviour in general.

In regards to steven's point (which seems to be the main focal point for most of these objections)

you seem to have a rather aggressive attitude towards anyone you believe to be in the wrong.

This may have been true about a month prior, however as i've lurked over some chats.. Red has majorly improved and his general attitude as a whole is more calm and relaxed, especially to Operators.

For example, instead of getting aggressive or responding in an inappropriate manner.. Red responded to this criticism in a calm and respectful way.

As well as here, even when the opposing person criticised in a fairly aggressive and informal way. Red didn't stoop down and approach in the same way.

In fact, I think Red's the only person I've seen that's actually willing to give feedback on something or someone's attitude, without just insulting them for it. This was a conversation with Ashaz that he had. P.S I had to take snippets as there was server chat in-between all of this

In my opinion, Red shouldn't be held up for his past. He's clearly shown that he's changed in the last month and that he's willing to take constructive criticism and respond to situations in a professional manner

His dedication to TF is something to admire too, he's willing to use his own resources, money and time to better player's experience and expand TF as a whole. As proven by the new GMod server.

• you got reinstated 18 days ago surely the administrator from the first time you got promoted doesnt count, seems pretty stupid to have the long wait for a reason only to be able to hypothetically admit someone that got promoted to super in 2012 and disappears in 2012 and then they can reinstate in 2021 and be senior admin the next day