invalid ban reason

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @billy7oblos#9336 Why would you ever attempt to make crash items purposefully? Do you make explosive belts IRL too?

I think we should look away from the intentionality of the user and instead look to the three possible conduct violations that are relevant. If we're going to punish the user it should be in regards to the following:

Indefinite ban:
    Category 1, G: "Using an exploit that restricts a players experience."
    Category 1, A: "Attempts at harming the server."

or a 24-hour ban:
    Category 2, b: "Tricking players into breaking a rule."

I mention 2, B because displaying items capable of crashing the server with the tag, "crash chest of concept. don't touch" is certainly not very bright.
    Personally I am veering towards a simple 24-hour ban (i.e. they will be unbanned) considering this is territory not specifically covered in the conduct policy, however I do believe that a fairly strong case can be made that even the action of making an item or block that's capable of crashing the game is a violation of 1, G and 1, A. However, I do believe, for all things considered, that the user has made an ample attempt to prove their innocence, and when accounting for the poor handling by You!, I think it would be inappropriate to indefinitely ban them. Also, if you want the user banned for another reason (i.e. crash heads, as You!#9323 mentioned here, then you should be making another seperate request and not simply move the goalpost on the original thread)

Vouch for release.

• @Miwojedk#9488 the last think i want to say before i get either banned or unbanned is that i never broke a single rule on the server

@Miwojedk#9488 Why would you ever attempt to make crash items purposefully? Do you make explosive belts IRL too?

comparing items that kick you from a server when you wear them is like comparing a prank tazer to an electric chair.
    no one would have known that i make/collect exploits if it wasent for mods "accidentally" allowing other players to access them, by breaking the bedrock surrounding them. ALSO THERE WERE NO CRASH CHESTS

You!#9323 However I've now checked the NBT and I confirm that Billy is not guilty of having crash items in his plot.

all in all the reason i got banned for was invalid

i would like to say for the last time that if i will be banned for owning/making an exploit then some mods and many many other players who do so should also be banned. i did NOT break rules 1G, 1A or 2B. It bothers me how You! did not edit out all the accusations that turned out to be false here is the link showing that the head does not crash servers

Fleek i did not make a crash chunk and that is not what i am being accused for, i am being accused for "trying to recreate a crash head"

Watching that video, you can clearly see how wearing the item caused either the server to crash, or you to be kicked from the server. Are you stupid or what?

Watching your own video, your server crashes and you are sent back to the default Minehut lobby. This error is also seen, again on your own video

[url=https://ibb.co/NgRf8pS][/url]

• @redeastwood#9509 the server clearly does not crash as i rejoin it seconds later, the kick message clearly says "packet processing error"

@billy7oblos#9508 no one would have known that i make/collect exploits if it wasent for mods "accidentally" allowing other players to access them, by breaking the bedrock surrounding them

Now unless I'm mistaken, no admin allowed any OP into your plot. However, hackworks, an OP on the server, said he went to your plot and he kept crashing when opening one of your plot's chests - this is true, I had to autotp him and autoclear him.

• @Ashaz#9511 this is also false, hackerworks was not able to open the chests on my plot or copy them because i covered them with bedrock. he only got access to the chests when an admin broke the bedrock to check if they were crash chests (and they werent)
    (you still had to autoclear him because the chests crashed players even though they were clearly not intended to)

• @billy7oblos#9508

the last think i want to say before i get either banned or unbanned is that i never broke a single rule on the server

I said that can be disputed and I gave ample reason as to why. Your behaviour certainly could/has harm(ed) the server and/or lessened the player experience.

comparing items that kick you from a server when you wear them is like comparing a prank tazer to an electric chair.

Are you being purposefully obtuse? Lol

@Miwojedk#9543 I said that can be disputed and I gave ample reason as to why. Your behaviour certainly could/has harm(ed) the server and/or lessened the player experience.

this i think is the main point. how can by behavior harm the server or hurt the player experience. (or how has it)
    my whole argument is that i have not

• @billy7oblos#9546 and I don't disagree that you perhaps shouldn't be banned. But if you were able to look objectively at the situation, you'd be agreeing with everyone else that making crash chests "for fun" is foolish. That is why I made the comparison between your crash chests and making an explosive belt IRL "for show", and why your attempt to dismiss this notion is indeed silly.

• @Miwojedk#9623 for the last time, You! admitted that i did not make crash chests and that it was a false alarm, he rolled back my plot and he saw that they were just normal chests with signs to scare people off

You!#9323 t. However I've now checked the NBT and I confirm that Billy is not guilty of having crash items in his plot.

I cannot leave the evidence without noting what the NBT was, so therefore I have said it above. I apologise for this hassle.

• @Ashaz#9640 however that is not a voilation of any rules, its perfectly ok to make a head that can crash you (i did not make a crash head just recreated it). the original maker of the head is not banned and neither is the many exploit makers on the server.
    to say the very least, its strange that after you got me banned under false premise, you provided a new argument for my ban instead of leaving it at that... so is this a personal thing or..?

• This argument has gone on too long.

This user is clearly committed to getting unbanned on this server; as is demonstrated through his incessant pestering and exhaustive analysis of the Server Conduct Policy.

There is nothing in the Conduct Policy that precludes a user from having a crash head that only they use, a personal artefact that is not spread in any way.

As such, I think it fair to give this individual one last chance, to be able to join and play the server. However, this should be taken as a very last chance scenario - if you mess up once more, you will be perm banned and added to the list of unappealable ostracized individuals.

I would also call for the Conduct Policy to be amended so that this situation is not repeated.

@Ashaz#9640 However as I also said, we do have evidence to prove you made a head which can crash people and potentially crash the server too.

Making an item that crashes people isn't against the rules, it's if you use that item to directly cause harm or ill-intent towards the server. I've seen a few crash items made by a player called "EvoIve" that were actually used to create crash chunks and crash the server (not by EvoIve himself however) yet this player joins constantly without expecting punishment in any way.

vouch for release

• You! do you agree that I should be unbanned (because i did not violate any rules). I feel like this is taking a bit long for what it really is. Either way i feel i should be unbanned because the original reason for my ban was invalid (as admitted by Ashaz)