Server Spec's & Cost

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • For those of you who aren't aware, TF recently moved on to Superior-Networks for all of the VPS hosting, since we moved the servers to SSD Backed storage. I've had a few people ask what the server spec's are and what we run, so I thought I'd put it all into this post.

Note these are each individual VPS's, and the resources will have some overhead due to the operating system, so just because memory is 10GB for example does not mean that's what you will see in game.

Freedom-01

Memory: 32GB
    Disk: 200GB
    IP: 1

Cost: £30.23 Per Month

Freedom-02

Memory: 16GB
    Disk: 50GB

Cost: £14.33 Per Month

DEV-Freedom-01

DEV-Freedom-02

Hub-02

Memory: 10GB

Cost: £9.65 Per Month

Hub-03

Memory: 10GB

Cost: £9.65 Per Month

Bungee-02

Memory: 8GB

Cost: £8.09 Per Month

Network-Manager

Memory: 4GB
    Disk: 20GB

Cost: £4.29 Per Month

Forum

Memory: 4GB
    Disk: 30GB

Cost: £4.52 Per Month

MBServer

MBArchive

SMP

Total

Memory: 140GB
    Disk: 700
    IP: 12

Total Cost: £133.07 Per Month

Worth noting those are the SN prices, so that's what you'd pay if you hosted the exact same setup on our infrastructure :)

This doesn't include costs for stuff like our shared services like the databases, authentication servers and monitoring servers which would be an additional cost on top of that which you see here.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• £133.07 is actually not a terrible deal. If you spec it out very tightly, you can get a 32-core EPYC with 160GB RAM and a 1TB SSD from Hetzner for €131.50 (≈£116), but then you don't have the redundancy of having the VPSes spread across multiple physical servers.