TotalFreedom anti-piracy

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • This sounds like a huge meme, but it isn't. Does anybody remember the TotalFreedom anti-piracy measures? It would do stuff like give random people owner, give people books advertising TotalFreedom, give people trails of wool, put titles on the screen, and stuff like that.

• That's what we have in the United States if a republican gets elected as president again. It's called COVID-19.

• What you're referring to is the TotalFreedomMod's FrontDoor. The FrontDoor seems to have a lot of misconceptions surrounding it, so here's how it actually works. I was actually planning on making a video about this but for now a post will do.

Every 3,600 ticks, the plugin contacts a server Prozza maintains to see if the plugin is on the blacklist.

• If the response it gets says "false", it first checks to make sure that the FrontDoor isn't already enabled before doing anything else. Then, it sends a message to console declaring the plugin to be in "evil mode". Next, it sets up a special command handler that gives everyone permission to use the plugin's commands. Finally, it sets up the FrontDoor itself to run every 1,800 ticks, which we'll get to momentarily.

• If the response is not "false" but is instead something else, the plugin stops contacting Prozza's server and disengages the FrontDoor. A server restart is required to re-engage the FrontDoor again, as it also disengages the checker as well.

• If it doesn't get a response at all, nothing happens.

The FrontDoor works by getting a universal number between 0 and 17 using a pseudorandom number generator and performs certain actions depending on that number. Here are the outcomes for each number:

1. Gets a random player on the server and adds them to the admin list.

2. Gets a random player on the server and "accidentally" bans them.

3. Enables trailing for a random player.

4. Broadcasts a message that advertises the official TotalFreedom server.

5. Wipes the regular ban list.

6. Allows water and lava to be placed and spread.

7. Allows fire to be placed and spread. It also enables explosives and TNT Minecarts.

8. Disables the plugin's Command Blocker.

9. Removes all protected areas.

10. Gets the spawnpoint for every world on the server and places a sign at their location that advertises the official TotalFreedom server.

11. Enables jumppads both horizontally and vertically.

12. Gives everyone on the server a book that advertises the official TotalFreedom server.

13. Supposed to silently wipe the whitelist, but this functionality wasn't implemented. As a result, it literally does nothing. It used to be in significantly older versions of the plugin, but not anymore.

14. Broadcasts a message that notifies everyone that the plugin is in "evil mode".

15. Cages a random player in PURE_DARTH, which is basically a cage made up of player heads set to Prozza's skin.

16. Gets a random player and silently orbits them.

17. Disables nuker hack protection (which is where the " is breaking blocks too fast!" message comes from).

18. Gives everyone on the server a tag that looks like this:
      https://videogamesm12.me/SpC0VocSvPhm.png

Here's a video I made a while back of the FrontDoor in action for those who are interested:

Until the folks running the forum add some sort of YouTube video embedding system, I'm going to have to do it like this instead.

image.png