Wipe the worlds and CoreProtect db with a 7-14 day notice

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • @UnderTails#9842 The suggestion is you'd just loose CoreProtect history that is older than 90 days. Which I don't really like, but feels like the right thing to do here.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• @UnderTails#9847 I think it would just remove the CoreProtect data for it.

@wild1145#9836 Is it possible to keep certain parts of the data? There are massive areas with builds integrated into the terrain, such as the Imperium or Fazbender Entertainment's space.

• @UnderTails#9847

@Ashaz#9849

Let me clarify, I'm only talking about selectively wiping the old CoreProtect data and leaving the maps intact.

Wild1145

• @Ashaz#9859 No. It needs to be time based or we keep everything. It's already going to be very complex to query out the data that we care about beyond 90 days, adding complications of then trying to geofence is going to be just too complex for such little gain...

Wild1145

• I object to anything other than a flatlands wipe. I have seen firsthand the amount of effort a few individuals have put into building on TF. I admire them for their work, and performing an act that would essentially tell them to "restore their own work" is a slap in the face. These individuals have chosen TotalFreedom to be their home, the place they have chosen their craftsmanship to be on full display, and it wouldn’t be just to wipe their work.

A flatlands wipe, however, seems acceptable. Most of the builds there are built and forgotten about; I don’t reckon people have huge build works on the flatlands.

• Object.

Tails and Red have said most what I had on my mind, the Imperium and the other Guilds work has been amazing to look at and has given me some inspiration to do my own building, if we wipe all the worlds (Flatlands is fine by me, I dont touch that place with a 10 foot stick) then TF will lose even more players than it already has for the past months.

I'm sad to see that it has come to this but I get where Ryan is coming from and the rest of the Staff, Coreprotect is royally screwed and I truly do wish that he finds a proper way to figure this out without sacrificing too much work from people.

• Given this thread turned into the cluster fuck of cluster fucks through people not reading the title.

As per my other thread here - https://forum.totalfreedom.me/d/1193-removin…e-february-2021 we're going to be doing this either way because we need to purge old data from the Database because it's now at over 200GB just in coreprotect data, which is fucking mental...

Approved.

Wild1145