Admin Application - InnocentMango

Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • Most sanctions people are talking about were pretty much witch hunts simply because they didn’t like Ashaz. I would encourage people voting to take that into account as well.

You are one of the most active and helpful OPs, but I am inclined to agree with Elmon and can see why others objected or went neutral. Now I don’t really see that as a reason to object or go neutral because I’m pretty sure most admins became admin at a point when they were way more immature than you. I believe you can be an excellent admin, so I vouch. You show more interest in this server and its future than a lot of current admins. I would have probably rec'd if I wasn’t removed for inactivity.

• I object. I get that you're trying to help, and you are very active, but you have proven to me way too many times that you are incapable of handling the responsibilities that come with being staff on this server. You have tried multiple times to avoid punishment by posting a "self-request" and then revoking it. I still feel like there should have been some sort of escalated penalty for doing that that you did not receive. You also have repeatedly failed to follow instructions - something you'll be doing a lot more if you ever become an administrator. While I believe there is a lot of misdirected hate going in your direction, I've also noticed that you always put yourself in situations where there's some sort of ridiculous drama that really just shouldn't have occurred. There are so many situations where you were given the opportunity to just be the bigger person and drop the situation, but that never happened. For example, after that spleef event happened, you could have just let it go, since it's, you know, a fucking spleef event and shouldn't really be a source of conflict, but you proceeded to DM Darth with a laundry list of complaints about what people did during the event. Another great example is on this thread - the whole "olivia's milk" conflict you had with Codex could have been avoided if you just used common sense and determined that it is an objectification of women and not a good thing to say about someone without their personal consent.

With all this that I mentioned, I just can't vouch for you. I get it. I have been in your situation. You don't want to be judged based on your past, and you want things based on your recent behavior, but the issue with that is everything I mentioned has happened recently.

@zeseryu#7042 I'm only going to reply to you once on this matter, but this is just a bad comparison. I made that account originally as a joke, but then I got a recommendation, and I realized my actual goal with the account should be to demonstrate how dumb the recommendation system is. This is a serious application, and using "well all he did was tell jokes so why don't we vouch for this person" as reasoning is a terrible idea.

• I'm sorry but I object. Every admin has been in your position but you still have some things to improve upon before I can vouch in good faith. Panther took the words right out of my mouth. This does not reflect (nor is it related to) how I feel about you as a person, but rather your administrative capability.

@Panther#7068 For example, after that spleef event happened, you could have just let it go, since it's, you know, a fucking spleef event and shouldn't really be a source of conflict, but you proceeded to DM Darth with a laundry list of complaints about what people did during the event.

Darth actually asked me after the event what happened as he had heard many people speak about it, and then he had requested an outline of it in DMs again. I do however accept and understand your point.

@Panther#7068 Another great example is on this thread - the whole "olivia's milk" conflict you had with Codex could have been avoided if you just used common sense and determined that it is an objectification of women and not a good thing to say about someone without their personal consent.

I only did this because admins and executives on URF were also doing this. I didn't know it was offending Codex or anyone else, I didn't even know Olivia existed. However I do again accept what has happened here and understand.

I appreciate you taking the time to vote on my application. Thank you

• @UnderTails#7079

Thanks for taking the time to vote.

I'd like to ask two things:

• How am I unfit for admin?
    • Why would you not like to ever see me on the list?

If you could please answer these two questions (your own choice, you don't have to) it would show me where I need to improve.

This application is about me, but I would like to mention that on certain occasions you have shown to have a vendetta against me, and this happened after I chose not to join your Imperium.

Thanks in advance.

• @Ashaz#7081

Well I will explain my reasoning

1. I have constantly seen you in server chat getting into arguments with players and admins, including myself, and you’re constantly complaining while never contributing.
      I would say the same thing about myself and I therefore don’t see myself as a good admin candidate either.
    • I also see you making player behavioral reports for anyone who disagrees with you, and also jumping in any situation without hearing the full story and constantly attempting to get random people permbanned.
    1. My guild has gotten considerable harassment from you and many of your friends, and while within the rules there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, it isn’t the type of conduct that I would ever want to see on the admin list.

there isn’t necessarily anything wrong with you as a person that I’m basing this off of, you just aren’t admin material in my eyes, so therefore I object.

@Ashaz#7081 This application is about me, but I would like to mention that on certain occasions you have shown to have a vendetta against me, and this happened after I chose not to join your Imperium.

I absolutely have not had a vendetta because you didn’t join us, my guild does not care if someone joins or not

I have a vendetta because I’m constantly annoyed by you jumping into my conversations and opposing everything I say, I also began to dislike you after you made a behavioral report of Neeaat for 'bullying' which was completely based on your dislike for neeaat not anything he did, and the situation was none of your buisness, and you didn’t know the full story.

• @UnderTails#7084

1) I have only gotten into arguments with you regarding server stuff that I think is worth criticising - such as admin behaviour towards ops, server stability and more.

2) This is false - I have never filed an indefinite ban request as I believe OPs cannot do that. I have reported people that I know have broken rules.

3) I don't have any friends here so what harassment are you talking about? I have pointed out things like exaggeration of events such as the F_x drama (which was barely drama). Also, that's like saying 'he doesn't like me so I object' (regarding your guild).

Again, thank you for taking the time to vote.

@UnderTails#7088 I have a vendetta because I’m constantly annoyed by you jumping into my conversations and opposing everything I say, I also began to dislike you after you made a behavioral report of Neeaat for 'bullying' which was completely based on your dislike for neeaat not anything he did, and the situation was none of your buisness, and you didn’t know the full story.

After eg1 actually came to me and explained what had happened regarding the bullying he faced, I filed that report. I did not jump in just because I didn't know what happened, he wanted my help and I helped him as far as I could. I am fine with noah, I don't have any problem with him at all.

With that point, it just sounds like at this point you're trying to back up a friend and not actually vote on the application..

If you would like to continue this discussion, please DM me. This thread is slowly going off topic.