Please Note: The TotalFreedom Forum has now been put into a read-only mode. Total Freedom has now closed down and will not be returning in any way, shape or form. It has been a pleasure to lead this community and I wish you all the best for your futures.
  • I remember this being suggested in the past, though it got denied. Even then, immense vouch.

FreeOP gets extremely monotonous in my opinion. Do the occassional build, chat with the very few people that are on, and not much more.
    It may be my bias in favor of Pokémon speaking, but I feel Pixelmon makes you have more goals, even more than the SMP. Catching Pokémon, creating and trying different strategies against other people...
    The champion idea also looks like a bit of a good incentive. Perhaps once you reach Champion you can get some rewards as well. Maybe the gym leaders could be switched up periodically.
    For the events, maybe there could be some kind of drop party but with Pokémon, with some of them also being shiny. We could go for some unique tournaments, maybe Monotype tournaments (only teams of Pokémon that belong to a certain type), and, if it was possible, Hackmon tournaments (teams of Pokémon with random habilities and moves, even those not normally obtainable by the Pokémon, these could be provided by the staff team and removed after the event)

For survival Pixelmon, I definitely think there could be some kind of easy way to access certain biomes. No one wants to spend 7 hours searching for a biome a rare Pokémon spawns in.
    Coins in events could be used to buy TMs, perhaps. Or maybe there could be IV/EV boosters. Perhaps items to spawn (not instantly capture) a random legendary, or a random Pokémon egg. There are also Pokémon with special textures in Pixelmon from what I've read, so those are also an option.

In creative mode you lose the excitement of actually finding and the Pokémon, since they are all at your disposal with commands. Sure, you can compete against others and still have the leaders and the champion, but I don't find it all as rewarding, in my opinion. And even if we had those, we'd have to be careful with teams that use illegal Pokémon if we wish to stay balanced. I doubt anyone would have fun fighting against a Pikachu with Wonder Guard and Air Balloon that also knows Rest. And I also doubt anyone would have an easy time tracking what moves/habilities are legal or not in each of the 800 Pokémon there are.
    Creative mode Pixelmon sounds interesting, but is in my point of view not much of a good idea. I still think it'd be better than regular FreeOP, though.

In short, I think survival Pixelmon would be the best option, though I can't really come up with any original ideas for it at the moment.

• I have noticed that other servers normally have the following pokemon enebled but banned in the first half of the gym line

.All of the rotom forms.
    .Mimikyu.
    .Dragapult.
    .Speed boost blaziken=Would basically allow blaziken to outspeed almost all the oppoments pokemon.
    .Protean greninja=Allows greninja to change to any typing depending what move it uses.
    .Battle bond [ash] Greninja=Gives greninja higher base stats.
    .Libero cinderace=Doas the same thing as protean.
    .Aegislash.
    .Galarien darmanitan.

• Object, putting more strain on the servers would de-stabilize the entire thing even more, and people could use hacked clients easier, due to the nature of forge, you would have to implement an anti-cheat, which strains the admins, as they would be notified whenever the anti-cheat suspects someone of cheating. so in my opinion, this would be harmful to the longevity of the server.

• Really good idea, at first I was just gonna say no, but there is still an issue with it after reading that entire post.
    The issue is simple:
    It goes far from what TF is about.
    While some might consider this a minor issue, It still is an issue, but I don't see why not.

[Edit: Count this as a vouch]

@Ashaz#7404 also is it possible to make it cracked?

Probably not, we'd look to tie it into the current bungee network if possible. Cracked servers pose a lot of more complex issues that to be honest I don't think we want to be getting into if we can help it, I don't believe the cracked server community is that large now anyway given most people own a MC account that ever want to play it, we just end up with people trolling and avoiding bans for the most part.

Wild1145

Network Owner at TotalFreedom

Managing Director at ATLAS Media Group Ltd.

Founder & Owner at MastodonApp.UK

• Vouch.
    While it is true that Pixelmon may conflict with the OP and Creative side of things, the mod could offer more content for players to enjoy, given that it is kept seperate from the main servers, and that a balance is found between FreeOP and the mod. I would suggest not giving free op on the Pixelmon server and warning the players about this beforehand, however this may stray from the main theme of the server.

• I think there are far better seperate server-ideas to implement over a gimmick that will get old within half a month. Nor do I believe a sizeable group of people would even play on this server, were it to be implemented.

Object.

• I Vouch, i appriciate that this isn't very totalfreedom like but i do believe the more gamemodes we impliment, the more people that could be attracted via serverlistings which could eventually lead more people into free-op. domino effect type beat

assrix, assryx, asterisk, *

awesomeist tf blokey

• People need to rid themselves of the notion that TF is "only" a Freedom server. Adding more gamemodes would have been unthinkable under Mark (and even Windows, to an extent) but SMP was added, and although it hasn't been very successful, it's now widely accepted as part of the platform. I think we need to face the music - FreeOP is no longer a "fashionable" gamemode that people want to play, so we should expand to cover other bases, while not getting rid of it entirely.